Paypal what is the point

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
so if you wanted, for example, to take them to the Small Claims Court, what is their registered address?

They last modified their user contact on 3 September 2008. What was this change?

they say "Payments received in your PayPal account may be reversed at a later time (in some instances up to 180 Days following the time of receiving the payment." Is this an Unfair Contract Term, or has it been upheld in a UK court?

Sponsored Links
so if you wanted, for example, to take them to the Small Claims Court, what is their registered address?

PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
5th Floor
22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449,
Luxembourg.

What is going on I logged into my paypal account last night to find a different name next to the temporary hold and this item was paid for on the 4 September and he is pleased with the item.
I am so fed up with the whole thing I have removed my items for sale on e-bay as I no longer trust paypal
:eek: :confused: :mad:

Sponsored Links
What is going on I logged into my paypal account last night to find a different name next to the temporary hold and this item was paid for on the 4 September and he is pleased with the item.
I am so fed up with the whole thing I have removed my items for sale on e-bay as I no longer trust paypal :eek: :confused: :mad:
That's the ticket old boy ;) And you do know PayPal and eBay are one in the same don't you?

JohnD said:
But surely you can't take a Luxembourg company to the UK Small Claims court :confused:

Quite right. The whole point of Paypal moving from Britain was so that they would be outside the scrutiny of the FSA.

Quite right. The whole point of Paypal moving from Britain was so that they would be outside the scrutiny of the FSA.
I don't know if it's accurate, but Wikipedia says that the Luxembourg Paypal entity is "regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg equivalent of the FSA.."

Paypal say I can have my money back if I give them the tracking number that I don’t have

it can not be a spoof as paypal have taken the money out of my account two weeks after i Received it

I don't know if it's accurate, but Wikipedia says that the Luxembourg Paypal entity is "regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg equivalent of the FSA.."

ban-all-sheds said:
chainsaw_masochist wrote:
JohnD wrote:

But surely you can't take a Luxembourg company to the UK Small Claims court

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/fsa-outside

From http://www.tamebay.com/2007/05/paypal-becomes-a-bank-no-longer-under-fsa.html[/b][quote]

PayPal becomes a Bank, no longer under FSA
by Chris Dawson
This post was written in May 2007; specific information contained within it may be out of date.
PayPal announced this morning they are to become a bank headquartered in Luxembourg known as PayPal Europe Sàrl & Cie, SCA (PayPal Luxembourg). All European PayPal accounts will be transferred to the new Bank on 2nd July.

The Bank of PayPal should gain a huge boost in momentum against their nearest competitors which in the UK are Nochex and more recently Google Checkout. Nochex has remained a smaller player, although popular - Checkout is merely a “Checkout flow for existing payment methods”. The irony is in the near future it could be possible to click through Google Checkout with your PayPal bank card - it’s already possible to use Google Checkout with your PayPal credit card (although it’s an affiliate card though GE Capital Bank Limited). Many larger retailers don’t accept PayPal services but the change from an electronic money issuer to a banking institution could make them a more attractive proposition.

The change also means that they’ll no longer be regulated by the FSA but will be regulated as a bank by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), the Luxembourg equivalent of the FSA.
It remains to be seen which services will be affected by the changes. The despised ten day clearing time for eCheques should clear more promptly. PayPal Website Payments Pro (very similar to a full merchant account) may become more attractive to large retailers. PayPal will also have more flexibility to introduce new features such as debit cards allowing you to spend funds held in your PayPal account.

[/QUOTE]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
4 Sep. 2008 Payment From p mattsson Held Details £5.45 GBP

15 Sep. 2008 The funds are not available while this transaction is being reviewed Placed -£5.45 GBP

p mattsson is happy with the item so its paypal just helping themselves

i had this on an old laptop i sold,it took them about 2 weeks b4 they helped themselves in clawing the money back,managed to find a phone number and the better half rung them up,basically they didnt want to know,we said that they are ading and abetting fraud because the buyer has my goods and the money,we also said that there had been good feedback left by both of us,the cheeky gits wiped out the feedback,so i couldnt prove anything,lucky for me the buyer had sent an email to me from his own email account,had a chat with him and he sent me the dosh,chipped paypal off they were threnting to take me to court through some debt collecting agency,i said good i want them too,amazing that was nearly 2 years ago and still nothing,
theres a lot of info about paypal especially in amercia and the antics they get up too.and some of it is SHOCKING.

Sponsored Links
Back