PC not keeping up

Very interesting HJT log.

You have a load of programs that start at Boot up which you do not need to be running when you first start. Stopping them running is fairly easy and if you wish to use any of the programs later, they will start either when you double click the icon on your desktop or click on the item in the Start -> All Programs list. Let us go through the process of stopping them starting by take them off the startup list:

Go to Start -> Run -> type msconfig in the box and click OK

In the Configuration window click on the Startup Tab

Untick every item in the list EXCEPT

PC Tools Firewall
AVG
WinDef ( may be labelled MsMpEng)
Threatfire

Click Apply -> OK

It will offer to restart, click Later.

Now to remove the SpywareBot that is running.

Open Task Manager by right clicking an empty part of the Taskbar (near the clock). Select Task Manager.

When open, click the Processes Tab

Look for a reference to AntiSpywareBot.exe like one of these:

%PROGRAMFILES%\AntispywareBot\AntispywareBot.srv.exe
AntispywareBot.srv.exe
AntiSpywareBot.exe

Click to highlite it and click End Process.

Look for any more and repeat the actions to stop it running.

Once that is done, go to:

SuperAntiSpyware

And download and install the program.

Once installed:

Launch SuperAntiSpyware
Click Check for Updates and update to the latest definitions.
Click Scan your Computer
Check all boxes in the Scan Location box.
Check the Complete Scan radio button.
Click Scanning Preferences/Control Centre button.
Uncheck Ignore files larger than 4MB (recommended)
Check Scan Alternate Data Streams.
Click Close.
Click Next
SuperAntiSpyware will now scan your computer for infection. (This could take in excess of an hour depending on the number of files scanned)
When finished it will present you with a summary of its findings.
Click OK.
The Removal Screen will open.
Check the items in the list to mark them for Quarantine.
Click Next and SAS will Quarantine them.
If SpywareBot is in the list then empty the quarantine

That should have removed the SpywareBot.

Now you can reboot, when your PC restarts the Configuration warning window will show to tell you that alterations have been made, just tick the box at the bottom of the message and click OK.

Whether all this will cure the delayed showing of your typing I don’t know but having a lot less programs running and getting rid of a spy ware should have a good chance of curing it.

dave

Sponsored Links
I can see you have AVG8. In my humble opinion this is worth removing mainly due to resource hogging. But dont do that just yet.

From the looks of things you have a lot of things starting at boot time which will cause a huge time lag not to mention you have some 50+ processes running on XP which is a lot. We'll fix that later.

First download SuperAntiSpyware the free version from here install it and update it and run a scan. Use it to remove anything it finds. once its installed and before scanning shut down windows defender.

After scanning and removing any nasties, if it finds any download Malwarebytes from here follow the link for the free version. Run a scan and post the log that appears in notepad at the end. Again make sure this is fully updated before scanning.

I wouldn't advise removing everything from the startup list, the OP might, for instance, want his ASDL to run at boot time. I was going to get to it later but I would advise installing Winpatrol which has an option to delay the startup of things you want running but dont want slowing the boot time.

Hello daozen
I'done as you suggest, result h/w:-
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 19:12:51, on 25/09/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FWService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\NBHGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FirewallGUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
C:\Program Files\ZyXEL\ZyXEL USB ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIEFE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\AntispywareBot\AntispywareBot.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Shared\SkypeNames.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Leslie\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://uk.msn.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.2.4204.1700\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1203.0\msneshellx.dll
O2 - BHO: TBSB00982 - {DA3D342F-FF20-4E31-9E82-22334155730C} - C:\Program Files\Antbar\Ant.com Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {1E61ED7C-7CB8-49d6-B9E9-AB4C880C8414} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1203.0\msneshellx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ant.com Toolbar - {6CD56C02-CB4D-41B5-A0FE-B479061CCB41} - C:\Program Files\Antbar\Ant.com Toolbar\tbcore3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SecurDisc] C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\NBHGui.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ThreatFire] C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00PCTFW] "C:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FirewallGUI.exe" -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C64 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C64 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C64"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CnxDslTaskBar] "C:\Program Files\ZyXEL\ZyXEL USB ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe" "ZyXEL\ZyXEL USB ADSL"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechQuickCamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe" /hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LightScribe Control Panel] C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LightScribeControlPanel.exe -hidden
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus SX200 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIEFE.EXE /FU "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\E_SC0.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AntispywareBot] C:\Program Files\AntispywareBot\AntispywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LogitechDesktopMessenger.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {4E62C4DE-627D-4604-B157-4B7D6B09F02E} (Egg Money Manager Digital Safe) - https://moneymanager.egg.com/Pinsafe/accounttracking.cab
O16 - DPF: {C1FDEE68-98D5-4F42-A4DD-D0BECF5077EB} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/eBay_Enhanced_Picture_Control_v1-0-27-0.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab[/b]
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BE4A4941-526A-42CB-919C-705E6848AD66}: NameServer = 62.24.139.140 62.24.139.139
O18 - Protocol: bwfile-8876480 - {9462A756-7B47-47BC-8C80-C34B9B80B32B} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\GAPlugProtocol-8876480.dll
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LVCOMSer - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVCOMSER\LVComSer.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Firewall Plus (PCToolsFirewallPlus) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FWService.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe

--
End of file - 12593 bytes
Thanks

Everything in bold can be removed. In some cases should be. To do this in Hijackthis run the scan and in the main window search each one out and put a tick in the box at the start of it. Once this is done click "fix".

After scanning with SAS and Malwarebytes that SpywareBot shouldn't be there. I've purposely not gone near you BHO's and Toolbar because I dont know if you want them or not its really up to you I hate them personally.

Sponsored Links
Wow Guys
This is fantastic help and advice and I'm learning so much. I can't thankyou both enough.
I'm going to take one thing at a time.
This morning ,switching on it crashed twice. I got a white lettering on blue background saying File system is NTFS Kernel-date-inpage-error and the hardware box ticked . had to restart and it checked disk C
Secondly I only bought Anti spywareBot 4 days ago upon advice.
Do you recommend I cancel and try to get my money back.
I won't do anything until you advise
Best wishes to you both : :D

Antispywarebot appears to be a rogue antispyware product. These things are spyware made to look like antispyware whilst actually spying on you and possibly infecting your system further. http://www.emsisoft.com/en/malware/?Adware.Win32.AntiSpywareBOT

If you paid for it I would cancel you card and inform you bank you may be subject to a phishing attempt over the internet.

Follow daozen's advice regarding the HJT log, but please give us a few details about where you found the AntispywareBot and how you paid for it and to whom.
It needs checking on.

dave

Good Morning daozen and dave.m
Well you guys certainly know your stuff and what a ride I've had.
Early days but computer seems great, faster and no trouble with typing.
Followed your advice to the letter and cannot find any trace of AntiSpyWareBot now, so thank you both for that.
To answer your question dave.m so much has happened in the last week and i am getting on in years so the memory is not what it was and I just can't remember how i found it. I was obviously looking for an answer to my problems and thought I had a virus or spyware causing the problem.
I am pretty sure I did not go looking for it.
Anyway I paid for it through my paypal account which in turn paid ClickBank and the product vendor was 2Squared Software LLC.
Cost was £25.25 which included Regcleaner and active protecton for a year.
Yesterday I phoned PayPal and told them the story, said that I may have been a victim of phishing, but he said as i had not bought it through Ebay I was not covered. i was annoyed and said I wuld approach through my Lloyds bank account which pays Paypal.
I then decided to phone Antispyware Bot direct which I found you can do through their website having a typed conversation over the internet. I spoke to a guy called Walden and said it was clashing with my other virus and anti spyware and that I had disabled it and wold like my money back.
After a long conversation in which he wanted his experts to look at it. I said i had made up my mnd, would waste no more time and wanted my money back and he finally agreed but said it would take 2 weeks to appear on my account. I then got an email from ClickBank onfirming the arrangement. So watch this space.
Thanks you guys . If you are ever in Billericay, Essex I owe you one.
Regards chappell

Now that you have Superantispyware and Malwarebytes I would suggest installing a better anti virus product. AVG is a resource hog!

I would download Avira antivirus from here which is better than AVG and uses less resources. Dont install it yet.

Once downloaded down load this AVG Removal Tool for your system. Now disconnect from the internet.

Remove AVG from the add/remove facility in the control panel and run the AVG removal tool to make sure its completely gone and once thats done install Avira. Then you can re-connect to the internet and update avira.

This is just a suggestion and up to you.

I would install WinPatrol from here. WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. It also provides a delayed start up function for things you want running automatically but not on boot.

EDIT: just for info if you use Firefox web browser you can install an addon called WOT (stands for Web Of Trust) which rates sites on trustworthiness reliability etc etc. 2Squared Software LLC is very low on all its ratings. Heres their website http://www.mywot.com/

Hi daozen
Have now removed AVG, and have loaded Winpatrol, but am having trouble loading avira. It asks for a licence key which I don't have and will not let me continue. I have tried 3 times without success and ended up with "Spyware doctor with antivirus". Shall I keep that?.
While I'm on, when I click on a site on my desktop such as IE or hotmail only quarter page opens up and I have to maximise it. This was happening before all these problems. Can I change that please?
Regards chappell

Thanks for the info about the BOT and heres hoping you get your money back soon.

Spyware Doctor with AV will be fine for now.

There are several FREE antivirus programs in my thread at the top of the Software Forum:
Now! That's What I Call Software.

As for your quarter screens, left click and hold on the bottom right corner and drag to the bottom, then do the same with the top left corner.
Then close the window by going to File -> Exit, NOT the red button on the top right.
This should get the windows to open fully next time and afterwards you can use the red button to close them.

dave

Hi daozen
Have now removed AVG, and have loaded Winpatrol, but am having trouble loading avira. It asks for a licence key which I don't have and will not let me continue. I have tried 3 times without success and ended up with "Spyware doctor with antivirus". Shall I keep that?.
While I'm on, when I click on a site on my desktop such as IE or hotmail only quarter page opens up and I have to maximise it. This was happening before all these problems. Can I change that please?
Regards chappell

With avira, did you download the free version? If you start up winpatrol and navigate to the Startup Programs tab, whats listed there?

Anyway just a quick question, do you have Barclays bank account?

Hi daozen
Unfortunately ,as I said I could not download avira as it was asking for a key which I do not have . Thats why i settled for Spywaredoctor with antiviirus which you said is o'k.
No I don't have a barclaycard bank account, are you suggesting its better to use that for payment.
Incidentally, got an email from clickbank this morning to say the refund has been paid into my account and will show up in 4 working days. Thats better than 2 weeks
Regards Les

Glad you've got your money back!

Avira Antivirus Free is avaliable free (no pun) from Download.com and Softpedia. Aviras own site points you to these two sites for download. I believe what may have confused you is the big arrow pointing to the registration for the 92day free trial of their premium service as shown here otherwise you've gone to the wrong site. Spyware Doc with Antivirus is ok but if you have PCTools Firewall, Threatfire, Winpatrol, SAS and MBAM which I believe you now do, Avira is really all you need.

I mentioned barclays only because with their bank accounts they give away free Kaspersky's internet security which is one of the best paid for services. Any more problems you know where to ask :)

Sponsored Links
Back