PD two storey extension ,distance from neighbors, semi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i have a 1 storey extension currently width of house projects 2.8 m, semi detached house and neighbors have exactly the same size extension we have currently.
Had plans drawn up to add a storey above this ,foundations checked, engineers calcs all done etc ,but applied for planning and neighbours(well not actually them but owners who hasnt seen it in 10 years or so ) moaned etc changed plans and put in for and received permission for going only half way across stopping about 3.5m short of the boundary with them.
only just realised that i think this would have been doable under PD ,but am just checking how close i can go to there property and still stay within PD.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you still retain full PD rights after your first extension?

permitted development includes extensions attic conversions sheds and decking added to the origional foot print

Sponsored Links
Subject to all other PD rules being satisfied you can build two storey under PD but not closer than 2m from the boundary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back