People

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAS is the only person in the WHOLE INTERNET I have on ignore, even Joe is allowed into my world.

I have him as a Captain Mainwaring type personality but without the captains pips.

He has probably alienated more newbies on this site than any other poster. Even Tweedledum and Tweedledee on the building reg forums are more pleasant chaps.

Sponsored Links
Thank Christ Ashley didn't ask BAS what time it was. He'd have probably got into a scientific argument about the concept of time. This would then have degenerated in to a full blown battle concerning Einstein's theory of relativity. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think i would have to have agreed with you there.
I think also i might have been abit more helpful and answered Ashleys question and then explained the dangers.
BEST TO DO RIGHT RATHER THAN WATCH SOMEONE ONE DO IT WRONG
Would have saved the arguing on a DIY site too..

I can see where BAS is coming from and I do agree with his concern that people must be told the facts about the legality of the DIY they are doing.

Compare it to using a car, almost anyone can be shown how to get into a car, start the engine, put it in gear and steer it along a road. They become a car user with very little instruction. Some even teach themselves how to use a car to get from A to B and thonk they are doing nothing wrong.

Then there is car driving,

Then there are motorists, the old style of driver who knew how to repair the car on route,

Car users ignorant of many legalities and basic technical matters in the car and its engine are dangerous.

Many DIYers ignorant of the rules and technicalities of the work they are going are dangerous or are creating hazards for themselves and others.

If BAS gets to change one ignorant dangerous DIYer into a more careful person then he has done more good than an "helpful" person who tells an ignorant DIYer how to do something without pointing out the legal and/or technical matters that are critical to the safety of the work being done.

But what BAS says will be quickly relinquished by anyone reading, due to his rude, arrogant and abusive way of talking to people. People won't listen to someone like that.

The best way to wind BAS up is to get your answer to the question in before he can reply. That's not easy as he spends all his time sitting in front of the monitor, but if you can, then it really annoys him big time. He does like to be first.

Or, if you can only get in second, you answer anyway. Then you immediately get a post from him saying 'I Just Said That' (except he didn't, because his would have errors).

But it has to be said, he is a complete knob.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone explain why is there people on this site so determined to test people rather than give good advise ..
Is it because they don't know it and can't give a straight answer and bluff there way through by quoting calculations ...of course these are important issues but is this site designed to help others and share knowledge or to test each other?

If so I definitely got the wrong site......Responsibility no ,,,doing the job no ....simply advise and people's views rightly or wrongly
As a new member I have read all these posts and I can see that there are people on this site that should not be here and it is not the one that is no longer ..

Mr ban sheds and mr impudence you both
Need to get a life with your abuse to others because you do not agree ...are a
you the untouchables on this site ...cos to me you sound like grumpy old men with nothing else to do ..
So get A life

You aren’t suggesting that Larry and Ashley similar grammatical idiosyncrasies mean that Ashley has signed up as a virtual buddy Larry to lend support to his idiot argument surely? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back