performa 30 HE dhw issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I am having serious issues with this boiler, the hot water to the upstairs taps is working fine, except to the shower mixer which is just a manual type, the flexi pipe to the shower head needs to be replaced to stop the water flow being restricted.

The closest hot water to the boiler in the kitchen does not activate the microswitch on the boiler to fire it up.

I have cleaned out the cold water inlet filter on the boiler and replaced the diaphragm in the diverter valve, but still no activation of the microswitch when using this closest tap! there is 6ltrs per minute flow at the tap!

IDEAS PLS!!!

Sponsored Links
You have a boiler fault.

It should turn on by 2.5 litres per minute.

Tony

Hi Tony,

there are no fault lights on the boiler and all of the upstairs taps operate the boiler normally with less pressure, so why won't this tap nearest to the boiler?
If I manually operate the micro switch then the boiler fires and hot water flows as it should!
its driving me mad trying to work this 1 out!

Turn on this kitchen hot tap and then turn OFF the cold water in tap ( on fourth pipe under boiler ). See what happens to the flow rate?

Is it some kind of single lever joystick tap?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony,
The tap has a separate lever for hot and cold water, but I tried what you suggested, the tap in the kitchen just discharges the pressurised water in the system and then stops flowing, so no cross flow from the cold side of the tap!
Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back