Periodic Test and Inspect

How do you link out the RCD???? Its a split board with 4 circuits on each 30mA RCD!
Ive been through the test meter booklet but no signs of a D lock! I no some meters have this facility but mine obv dont! Tut! Like the tip ta! Easier to c also for crossing incoming and outgoing conductors!
Thanks for advice!

Sponsored Links
End to end it won't matter too much, when you do the cross connections it will matter tho.

My messenger is fine :p

...also, on a PIR rather than measure R1+R2 just measure R2 using the wander lead method. Make up a 50mtr lead, clip 1 end to the MET and off you go. Don't even think about taking fancy fitting down as you may end up damaging the fitting/ceiling.

If it's a class 1 fitting measure between the case and the MET using your wander lead.

If the sockets/light switches have earthed steel back boxes you can also measure between the facia screws and the MET which saves removing the face plate.

And remember, your not fault finding and you're not carrying out a full test of the installation.

You're carrying out an in-service inspection against BS-7671 2008 and reporting your findings.

And if your signature is on the report, please make sure you have PI insurance.

The NIC run a first class PIR course which I can highly recommend.

Sponsored Links
Agree the extent and any limitations before you start too. You can't be expected to start lifting floorboards or checking cables concealled in walls.

Luckily that's already in place at the bottom of the Extent and Limitations section.

...also, on a PIR rather than measure R1+R2 just measure R2 using the wander lead method. Make up a 50mtr lead, clip 1 end to the MET and off you go. Don't even think about taking fancy fitting down as you may end up damaging the fitting/ceiling.

Agreed. You're not there to dismantle the installation.

These are great for fancy fittings:

LTKit10.jpg

Wonder leads are such a better idea and a lot quicker, but make sure you zero out any links or leads that you use before carrying out any work.

I normally ask the client if any work has been carried out in the past that they are aware of. I'll check that work and about 30% of each circuit on the original.

I made mine out of an old extension reel and some 4mm single core flex.

I would probably have done the same had i not have purchased the one above on my company expenses!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back