Permitted developement rules

This was done back in 2012, when the legislation was worded slightly differently. They also suggest obtaining an LDC, which, in most cases, is unnecessary.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just thought i would let you all know that my Two 8mt deep NCS rear extensions went though the local council. Thanks for all your comments folks. I didn't state an 11mm gap between in the end, i just said that the rear extension would not touch the rear side extension. So in effect i can leave a 1mm gap between if i chose too.

Two 8m deep extensions? Any chance of showing us a sketch? Sounds like the Planners have dropped another clanger.

Well done though. I do enjoy it when someone manages to get one over on the Planners.

It was quite simple really. I put in the first one for an 8mt deep extension, across the whole rear of my bungalow. a few days later, i put in a second application for a rear extension to my 1/2 width side extension which will be done under pd, and stated that the new rear side extension was not going to be connected to the other rear extension in any way. I couldn't see how they could refuse. Do you think they messed up, and if so why ?

Sponsored Links
It was quite simple really. I put in the first one for an 8mt deep extension, across the whole rear of my bungalow. a few days later, i put in a second application for a rear extension to my 1/2 width side extension which will be done under pd, and stated that the new rear side extension was not going to be connected to the other rear extension in any way. I couldn't see how they could refuse. Do you think they messed up, and if so why ?

Ah that makes sense. So it is really a rear extension and a side extension not 2 rear extensions.

Thats right Wessex. A rear extension, and a rear extension to my side extension. I could do the same on the other side. Not bad considering i live in Green belt, and i can turn my bungalow from about 650sq ft to about 3000. All done as an exercise really, to give me some ammo for my proper extensions will will take my house to 2500sq feet. That's just gone in for planning so i will keep you posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back