Petition to save the NHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I am one of many (nearly 3 million) who has signed the petition to prevent Andrew Lansley from turning our NHS into a US style medical service, where treatment will be for those who can afford it. People with pre-existing illnesses will be left out in the cold because they will not be covered. Please sign the petition.
Here is the message I received after signing the petition.

Dear friends,

Have a look at this:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/NHS-petition

Please sign the petition to Save the NHS. Right now the government is rushing through plans which experts, and groups representing doctors and nurses, warn could break the NHS up and hand control to private health companies. It's also a huge waste of money at a time when funding is already squeezed with beds and wards being cut.
It worked when enough of us signed the petition against privatising England's forests. The more of us that sign up to Save the NHS, the more chance we have of winning. Please sign now:

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/NHS-petition

Thanks

Sponsored Links
so can u tell me whats wrong these new reforms as i don`t now enough about it to agree or disagree
apart from the guy wants to put gp`s in charge

In fairness I dont see what is wrong with private healthcare, seems to work everywhere else.

I am one of many (nearly 3 million) who has signed the petition to

Firstly, where are the 3 million signatures? Your link has 377963 signatures. That's not 3 million.

Secondly, can you link me to some stories regarding this privatisation of healthcare please? I'd hate to sign something based on the opinion of one person....

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty much in the same boat as adlplumbing but what I do know is that the NHS needs to change, it needs to lose a lot of deadwood middle managers and patients who abuse the NHS need to be kicked into touch..... The NHS needs to evolve.

80% of the NHS budget goes on the over 65s. That will rise and rise and rise as long as people are living longer every decade. Sooner or later the old will have to accept euthanasia.

It seems you've gone do-lally so we'll start with you.

As the population ages there will not be enough working people to keep them all into their 90's. It's a mathematical certainty that the old will be allowed to die.

Biggest problem with the NHS, is it's top heavy with non medical staff. Lets say you need a life saving operation. Who do you want making the decision to operate?
A, a doctor or surgeon, or,
B, a chap in a suit and tie who knows sweet FA about medicine?

Re the euthanasia thing. I firmly believe in voluntary euthanasia. Where someone who has a terminal illness chooses when to die. Problem is, will this decision be left to the individual, or greedy relatives who can only see inheritances coming their way?

Re the euthanasia thing. I firmly believe in voluntary euthanasia. Where someone who has a terminal illness chooses when to die. Problem is, will this decision be left to the individual, or greedy relatives who can only see inheritances coming their way?

You already have that choice - it's called suicide.

hmmm origanl poster dun a runner
well guess i am not signing then
wonder why we spend more on our nhs than other countries and not got as good results

We give free health care to the world - so they all come along and sample it.

We give free health care to the world - so they all come along and sample it.
That is where great savings could be made, no contributions into our system, then no free health care or operations.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back