Petition to save the NHS

As the population ages there will not be enough working people to keep them all into their 90's. It's a mathematical certainty that the old will be allowed to die.
Or politely told to.

Sponsored Links
Re the euthanasia thing. I firmly believe in voluntary euthanasia. Where someone who has a terminal illness chooses when to die. Problem is, will this decision be left to the individual, or greedy relatives who can only see inheritances coming their way?

You already have that choice - it's called suicide.
Hmmmm, You know what I meant. Legalised euthanasia.
Put this way,, If you have a pet dog/cat hamster, dying of some incurable disease, in pain and you let it suffer, you'd be taken to court and probably fined a large amount and banned from keeping animals.
Yet, we let cancer patients and the elderly suffer until they can take no more.
Anyone who tells you that palliative care is pain free is bloody lying. Cancer sufferers do suffer immense pain towards the end. Their bodies can no longer assimilate the doses of morphine given to them and they suffer. This is legal suffering. Surely the time has come to call for changes to the laws concerning euthanasia?

PS we already have involuntary euthanasia, or murder as it's known in police parlance.

Sponsored Links
Well I certainly haven't done a runner, I don't stand vigil over a thread when personal comments are posted.
I'm a fervent believer in the National Health Service even with it's faults. I cannot give you answers to questions that I don't have any technical knowledge of, except to say that an institution that has served millions of people in its intended form should stay as it is and not be sold off to privateers and carpetbaggers.
For those of you who think that private medical care is the way to go, ask some of your friends in the USA or Oz which system they would like. I'm sure they would prefer to contribute through their taxes than have a graduated tariff.
Regarding the number of signatures that have registered it's 2,950,741 that is not far off 3 million.
Every one is entitled to their opinion, so let's hope that mine wins the day and for those of you who think that private medical care through private insurance is better. Let's hope you never require hospital treatment for yourselves or a loved one, should the Lansley's system prevail.

Regarding the number of signatures that have registered it's 2,950,741 that is not far off 3 million.

Nope. 378,000 as of right now.

I hope the rest of your arguments are more cogent than your maths appears to be.

And anyway, if you were to ask the question, "do you want the NHS completely privatised so you have to pay for all of your own medical treatment?" then most people would probably say no.

If, however, you were to ask, "should the government do everything possible to eliminate waste and inefficiency in a publicly funded NHS - including using expertise from private enterprise to maximise the benefit to UK patients from the UK taxpayers money put in?", then pretty much everyone is going to say yes.

The wording of your petition question is a deliberate attempt at scaremongering and alleges motivations and hidden agendas which go far beyond anything any government could think it could get away with. People are signing up to oppose this false image of the reforms the question creates, and then you and all the other vested interests on the current NHS gravy train claim that those signatures indicate opposition to all of Lansley's proposals - WHICH HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN PUBLISHED YET!!!!

Chill out, and wait and see what reforms are actually being proposed before wheeling out the reactionary indignation for God's sake.

As the population ages there will not be enough working people to keep them all into their 90's. It's a mathematical certainty that the old will be allowed to die.
And until then the slogan will be Strength Through Joy :mrgreen:

Look at the railway system, overcrowding!! overpriced!! was it a good idea to privatise that

Whoever will be calling the shots will certainly not have your best interests at heart, just interested in how much money they can make from you

Yet another way to f**k over the British public costing us more and more to live here, as iv'e said before if your not rich your well and truly f**ked!!!!!!!

Not really had an option good/bad against the NHS, until I needed them last week. After my fiancee had a fall, split her head open, you might have seen the thread (or blood!); Rang 999, operator told me to open door, so they can find me easier, in case of no door number, opened door, ambulance staff running up path. Immediately dealt with, my girl asked for pricacy whilst she got decent for outside, they obliged, rushed to hospital, kept informed, 6 stiches later, and 7 hours later, back home, ring your GP next week for stiches out.

She rings her GP, can't do that. Can't get an appointment at local health centre to remove them, so get a lift to nearest walk in centre 12 miles away, sorry we are just closing, but the nurse can advise you. Can you tell us how many stiches you had, yup 6, yeah...well sorry can't do anything for you, you need to come back tomorrow, but if you leave it any later, it will become infected!

Another lift back to the same place, 20 minutes later, stiches out, wound not healed properly, 2 bandage type stitches applied, go home.

WHY can the local GP not remove stitches? If pushed, I'm sure I could with an alcoholic wipe, pair of tweezers, and scissors? Why did A&E refer to GP, and health centre, both of which are unavailable? Then told to come back the next day, when the place was empty?

I wouldn't want her to travel alone, as it's a head injury, about 6" long, and initially deep, before stitched, she might have a dizzy fit, as that is what caused her to fall in the first place, so I estimate the cost of misinformation, and unnecessary travelling, would have cost over £40 on public transport, maybe slightly less by taxi. For 6 stitches to be removed.

So Yes, maybe NHS reform is needed.

Agree with you totally Micky. NHS reform is overdue. I had toothache last week, can't find an NHS dentist accepting patients. Walk in centre don't want to know, but suggest oil of cloves. Does that cure it? No it just masks the pain.
Could now turn into an abscess?? But luckily the pain has now gone and everything seems ok (apart from a loose tooth now) If all else fails, I'll get the waterpump grips out and pull it myself.

so explain it then

and you insult my intelligence, pff :rolleyes:
to be honest i don`t know what the plans are
and all i herd on the plan is to put doctor incharge of the budget
so if this mean scrapping middle men then so be it
but not anyone appossed to it has come up with whats wrong with other private scetor bad public sector good retoric so yes before i put my name on a pertittion i would want to know more
as don`t belive the private sector is bad as can do things a lot better than public sector with out costing an arm and a leg
private sector workers don`t have as many sick days
so yes he can explain plan or the answer no
and if can`t understand that then i stand by my joke :p

Sponsored Links
Back