He’s mad to give them F35’s, don’t assume SA will stay our allies, look where the 911 lot came from.
I'm more worried about him giving them to the Turks. Israel aren't happy either, they like to have an edge.
He’s mad to give them F35’s, don’t assume SA will stay our allies, look where the 911 lot came from.
They start the tax on thier milage tax next year, so you wont win, posibly 3p a mile. I have had jags for about the last 15 years & a wile back they wanted over £200 road tax. So i picked up a citrione C1 at £20 tax., plus there is more room by about 20% in the drivers area than the jag & after a 150m journy i feel better than the same distance in the jag. Best to think of number one & give them as littel as posible.If only we'd all switched over to EVs.
Basically, but the range is increasing with the technology improvements. Up to 72 miles on the new gen vw’sWhat's the hybrid about in a nutshell
Is it what the car runs off battery for short journeys and fuel otherwise

Sounds the businessBasically, but the range is increasing with the technology improvements. Up to 72 miles on the new gen vw’s
3p a mile would be fine even with lower petrol prices than the current absurdity.They start the tax on thier milage tax next year, so you wont win, posibly 3p a mile. I have had jags for about the last 15 years & a wile back they wanted over £200 road tax. So i picked up a citrione C1 at £20 tax., plus there is more room by about 20% in the drivers area than the jag & after a 150m journy i feel better than the same distance in the jag. Best to think of number one & give them as littel as posible.
Strangely in another topic you claimed that the 'arabs' (Palestinians) always had equal opportunities given to them...I'm more worried about him giving them to the Turks. Israel aren't happy either, they like to have an edge.
Hybrids the way to go. Hug a turbine RAC, you’ll feel better.
If i wasn't broke all the time I'd be straight on it .
What's not to like as against paying for fuel.
You conveniently missed out the extra £2,125 tax that the average ev car owner has to pay.3p a mile would be fine even with lower petrol prices than the current absurdity.
Petrol price per mile is 14p+ depending on mpg.
EV price per mile is 7p+ depending mostly on home charging tariff.
If you can charge at home and EV is much cheaper to run even if this person mile tax comes in. After all you don't think they'll ever let petrol vehicles have cheaper road tax, they're going up too if EVs are going up.
EV price per mile is 7p+ depending mostly on home charging tariff.
Shockingly you're wrong again, although to be fair that's only changed in the last few years. It used to be that the only EVs available were premium models, but now there are far more mass market models available and being bought.You conveniently missed out the extra £2,125 tax that the average ev car owner has to pay.
Yes thats why I said average which is 41k bringing it over the 40k The New 50k has only just started.Shockingly you're wrong again, although to be fair that's only changed in the last few years. It used to be that the only EVs available were premium models, but now there are far more mass market models available and being bought.
![]()
Average Cost of an Electric Car UK 2026
Here are statistics on the average cost of electric cars in the UK, from purchase price to per mile running costs.www.clearscore.com
The average EV in the UK costs 41k, under the EV extra VED threshold of 50k.
It's also lower than the average cost of petrol vehicles at 43k using the same methodology.
Be very wary of cheap car hire abroad - they make their money out of the minute scratches and dents they miraculously find when you return it. I’ve used these before and when I was charged €750 for damage to a blue car (when I had a black one!) they paid up with no problems. Make sure you keep your car hire docs and any correspondence from the hire co. https://reducemyexcess.co.uk/d/mone...m_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=rme&a_aid=MSEOff to Portugal on Sunday and the car I'm hiring is a Peugeot 208 that has 'HYB' denoted after it's description. Still for £28 for the week, I can't complain. Though I'm being forced to be a tree hugger.
Would much rather have something like the big Yanks we used to rent on Stateside trips. Buick Centurys, Dodge Intrepid, Mercury Sable. With a big straight 6 at least under the hood. There's something to get the juices flowing rather than some enviro Eurobox thing built for Sunday school teachers..
That's not what you said, but I'm glad you're up to speed nowYes thats why I said average which is 41k bringing it over the 40k The New 50k has only just started.
