Petrol saving idea

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
dont mention the T word around me! Evil business. Close em all down, open up the market a bit. to smaller companies.
Yep, they are the most difficult customer we have to deal with.

masona said:
crafty1289 said:
dont mention the T word around me! Evil business. Close em all down, open up the market a bit. to smaller companies.
Yep, they are the most difficult customer we have to deal with.
Sorry Mas don't take it personal that i'm questioning all your posts but i can't see trying to reduce costs to the motorist as them being difficult, more canny businesslike.

I can't say because I would be breaking my code of conducts from my company, let just say Tesco want petrol from us next to nothing and they are our biggest supplier.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
I can't say because I would be breaking my code of conducts from my company, let just say Tesco want petrol from us next to nothing and they are our biggest supplier.
I presume you mean customer? when you say next to nothing they can only have that bargaining power if they take a huge supply from you surely therefore if they are such a good customer then good businesses usually offer generous discounts to keep the customer happy, there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

kendor said:
if they are such a good customer then good businesses usually offer generous discounts to keep the customer happy, there's nothing wrong with that. ;)
No, there's nothing wrong with that and you're pushing your luck now :LOL:
I got to be careful how I say this, they pay next to nothing because the other buyers have to pay more for it to make up for it & it's not good for small retailers businesses. Tesco don't make profit on petrol and it just to get you into their shop.

masona said:
kendor said:
if they are such a good customer then good businesses usually offer generous discounts to keep the customer happy, there's nothing wrong with that. ;)
No, there's nothing wrong with that and you're pushing your luck now :LOL:
I got to be careful how I say this, they pay next to nothing because the other buyers have to pay more for it to make up for it & it's not good for small retailers businesses. Tesco don't make profit on petrol and it just to get you into their shop.
Actually mas i have contacts at Tesco and they do indeed make a profit from petrol sales infact our local makes a weekly profit/takings of around £250,000.

The trouble is they can altered figures around to make it look good on the book! I don't like the way it's done because it effect the small retailers, I'm afraid the bigger the company, the biggest stick!

Bp & Shell & others cannot sell for the same price as Tesco and this is why for example Tesco shop are in with Esso forecourts.

masona said:
The trouble is they can altered figures around to make it look good on the book! I don't like the way it's done because it effect the small retailers, I'm afraid the bigger the company, the biggest stick!

Bp & Shell & others cannot sell for the same price as Tesco and this is why for example Tesco shop are in with Esso forecourts.
Mas i can see the angle you are coming from in your argument, that of someone in the industry but i'm talking from a consumer point of view and lower prices are Good! :D

Sponsored Links
Back