PEUGEOT BOXER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking at an 09 peugot boxer 2.2 hdi, as Ive always had transits, which rust plus vivaros which are total rubbish, so now have the chance of a Peugeot, similar size to transit, but hopefully don't rust, it has 51k on the clock and is in vgc, but having never owned one does anyone have them, are there any known faults etc on them.
Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Peugeots certainly don't rust, at least the cars don't and PSA diesel engines are about the best of the bunch. I have run mainly Citroen diesels for the last 25 years or so, at present I have a 406Hdi with 214,000 miles and still going strong. Modern vehicles are increasing in complexity and so its difficult to predict what might happen but the 2.2 engine should be OK, the most troublesome ones seem to be the 1.6's.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I was more concerned weather they had clutch, mass flywheel and gear box trouble like the Vivaros.

Apparently the cam belt needs changing every 24k plus the auxillary belt at the same time or it could break and wrap around the timing belt.
Also water is sussposed to come of the windscreen and drip onto the injectors.

Weather this is true or not.

I had a 2.2 in a C5 and it was a brilliant smooth engine but not brilliant on fuel, about 40 mpg, as far as I know the clutch and DMF were original at 150k and were still excellent, that was an 2001 reg. Yours being later has probably been improved, I think the belt change interval on mine was 100k, the 2.0. Hdi C5 I have now will do 60+ mpg.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Remember the Peugeot Boxer / Citroen Relay is actually a FIAT-designed product! It's the FIAT Ducato. Obviously, badging is different, but it's a FIAT really. That said, they're a good van.

Back