Phone REN problem

Spark123 said:
Try another phone, if this doesn't ring with the fax machine it is almost certainly the fax causing the problem.

Im pretty sure it's the same, if memory serves me right.

Spark123 said:
Just another avenue, when you have an incoming call does the fax pickup streight away and simulate the ringing? I have known some fax machines do this and others wait a number of rings before answering.

To be honest, I cant exactly remember how it operates in that situation, but I'm pretty sure that when the fax is connected, if a voice call comes in, the fax doesn't actually activate, but the phone just refuses to ring, whereas others in the house ring fine.

Spark123 said:
The ones that answer immediately sometimes have a socket on the back for a telephone?

Yes, there is definitely a socket on the back of the fax for a phone, but it currently doesn't have a phone connected as we assumed it wasn't needed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you call in with the fax connected does the ringing sound the same on the callers handset as with the fax disconnected?

Spark123 said:
When you call in with the fax connected does the ringing sound the same on the callers handset as with the fax disconnected?

Hmmm, that i'd have to check sorry.
With not actually being there 24/7, ill print these questions out and try and answer them when im there.

Thanks very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back