Picture of the week!™

Sponsored Links
Easy on me Boys and Girls 1st posting

Where`s the Nut/Bolt which will be attached to the SWA Gland Banjo ???

Or is that just the way I do it ??

Ie Gland/Banjo/ Nut / Bolt through DB Body then flying Lead to Earth Block ????
Earthing SWA @ Source ???
Lucky

Sponsored Links
Tails look to be 16mm2 or at the very least 10mm2 so it's a safe bet that they're fine for the loading they're providing.

Tails look ok to me .....

100amp Main-Switch = 25mm
63 amp Main-Switch = 16mm ??/

Right or wrong ???

Lucky

From what I can see in the pic on my phone,

1-the supply appears to be from a bus bar chamber above the DB and there is no sign of any protection.
2-the DB is not IP2X due to the missing cover.
3-cables from old version of BS not sleaved or identified.
4-earthing is a bit lacking but the condinuity to the enclosure and SWA gland might be acceptible

Looks like 16mm tails to me for sure.

Depends on the size of the OCPD supplying the busbar chamber, although I don't think this is what RF was looking for. If he was, he would have taken a wider shot and not cut off the busbar notice (unless he is ****e and photography :LOL: )

I still go by the exposed live plug in prongs on the top of the main switch.

To me it looks like the live and neutral from the main switch are both connected to the neutral bar. Or is the live busbar cunningly concealed out of sight...... ?

It is a plug in busbar - you can see the stabs from the main switch pluggin in. These should have a shroud on them identical to the MCB's. It is integral to the switch and MCB's.

Thanks for the informative correction.

Probably dumb amateur time but: Is there anything actually connected to what looks like an earth terminal top right of the metal enclosure? Where/how is the enclosure earthed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back