Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

A TP dist board for you this week.

c3sdb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Doubling up seems to be the theme of this one, also reversed polarity on the tpn supply by the looks of it . Nice hole in top of DB to ensure IP2X

Doubling up seems to be the theme of this one, also reversed polarity on the tpn supply by the looks of it . Nice hole in top of DB to ensure IP2X

IP4X would be more adequate ;)

I don't think it's reverse polarity either.

Sponsored Links
bottom left is supply cable yes?

so that goes into main iso, then whats the 3 brown wires coming off pre switch to somewhere else?

Don't know owt about three phase lectrics boards, but between the main switch and the MCBs, is that three nice shiny bits of metal, one for each phase, that one could probably poke with one's fingers, that you might think ought to have some sort of cover?

Liam

Don't know owt about three phase lectrics boards, but between the main switch and the MCBs, is that three nice shiny bits of metal, one for each phase, that one could probably poke with one's fingers, that you might think ought to have some sort of cover?

Liam

Not if the cover is on. Surely it would have been isloated before removal?

EAWR, section 14.

I hope you don't go looking in busbar chambers!!

Not sure about correct numbering, but the 4th to 6th down MCBs on the left seem to have two circuits, one with correct phases, but one reversed.

Not sure about correct numbering, but the 4th to 6th down MCBs on the left seem to have two circuits, one with correct phases, but one reversed.

oh yeah... does that just make it go backwards...

lol

:LOL:

between the main switch and the MCBs, is that three nice shiny bits of metal, one for each phase, that one could probably poke with one's fingers, that you might think ought to have some sort of cover?

Enjoy...

appliance_outlet_breakerbox.jpg

Look at the definition of circuit. There may be two conductors but they're combined to become one single circuit.
It's also a single MCB (triple pole).

Look at the definition of circuit. There may be two conductors but they're combined to become one single circuit.
It's also a single MCB (triple pole).

Absolutely. I was being very loose with terminology, I agree. And I didn't notice the combined switch lever. Like I said I wasn't sure how to describe it because there seem to be two different ways to number the circuits on a three phase board. But surely the phase colours of both halves of the circuit should be correct?

I'm just a DIY guy - so cut me a little slack. :)

With regards to the numbering of the above board, I would regard that as the correct way, (i.e. 1-6 down LHS and 7-12 down right), thus meaning you could mark the load connected to the top left mcb as; MCB1-L1/L2/L3, the next mcb on the left would be marked up as; MCB2-L1/L2/L3, top right marked as; MCB3-L1/L2/L3 etc.

In work we recently had 2 Dis boards installed and the markings are a shambles.

Top left is MCB1-L/1L/2L/3 (3-phase)
Top right is MCB2-L1/L2/L3 (3-phase)
2nd down on left is, MCB3-L1 (single phase)
followed by MCB4-L1, (single phase)
MCB5-L1, (single phase)

The adjacent one on the right is then marked,
MCB6-L1/L2/L3 (3-phase)

and so-on down the board.
Considering the board is marked up as a 3-Phase/16way it is ridiculous because the further down you go the more complex it appears to be.

Yeah the 3 browns entering from the bottom left looks well dodgy! Also whats with the yellow with a bit of g/y tape on it, is that being used as an earth wire? :eek: As far as having poke-able live bits -that was the main issue with last week's wasn't it? (although in this one they look a lot less poke-able*)

*technical term

Thanks RF!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back