Picture of the week ??? (what happened to it?)

It's like that too-much-effort-to-really-do practical joke of removing all of someone's shirt buttons between top and bottom, and then putting all but one back, equally spaced. Whichever end they then start buttoning from it all goes wrong by the time they get to the other end.

Sponsored Links
Sparkwright? #26
Ah, I missed that. I must say that I have personally got to the stage that I really don't know.

I'm still rather struggling to understand how we can see so much of the 'upper' (gravity-wise!) surface of the middle breaker on the left iu there is not a gap/'spare way' above it. The top breaker is a little 'bent', but I would not have thought anything like enough to make so much of 'side' of the lower one visible.

Kind Regards, John

... we have here two groups of people, none of whom are (as far as I am aware!) daft, making very different interpretations and, despite the opposing views that are being presented, you are the first person who has shown any signs of changing his mind.
#19 is pretty compelling.

I'm resisting changing my mind, though.

Not because of the admission of an earlier mistake, but because it would make all the time I spent drawing those ****** lines a waste. :evil:

I'm still rather struggling to understand how we can see so much of the 'upper' (gravity-wise!) surface of the middle breaker on the left iu there is not a gap/'spare way' above it. The top breaker is a little 'bent', but I would not have thought anything like enough to make so much of 'side' of the lower one visible.
Look on the right side of original picture. The same but not bent.

Sponsored Links
#19 is pretty compelling.

I'm resisting changing my mind, though.

Not because of the admission of an earlier mistake, but because it would make all the time I spent drawing those ****** lines a waste. :evil:
Though your excellent lines highlight the Modulo screw head being in line with the red phase

Kind Regards, John
It may be the case that a lot of the older proteus mcbs were clones of the old wylex and had a lot deeper profile, the new hagars bodged in have a slimmer profile.
Somewhere on here theres likely a photo of a wylex board showing the 2 profiles .
Both the wylex and proteus have the captive busbar screw as part of the mcb, any blank ways would therefore have an open U shape copper cut out showing

Last edited:
wow!
You do like to argue about something that IS going to be ripped out because it's bad, really bad - being wrong don't you :)
Here is another view. but the forum keeps chopping it off and I dont have time to edit it.

Heck, I dare not post some of the other really bad things we have found and ripped out or this thread will stretch to dozens of pages... lol (and we certainly found some).

Heck, I dare not post some of the other really bad things we have found and ripped out or this thread will stretch to dozens of pages... lol (and we certainly found some).
Many thanks - that's now very clear.

As for the argument, to be fair this thread would probably have stopped after the second response on the first page had the photo been 'straight' :)

Kind Regards, John

Well, the OP did call it"picture of the week", we'd ask for a refund if it didn't keep us entertained for that long.(y):p

I went somewhere once and ordered an "all-day breakfast".

When there was no more left on my plate after half an hour I tried to complain, but they were having none of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back