Picture of the week ??? (what happened to it?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever happened to that thread? ISTR it was often on, did your digital cameras run out of film? :)

Anyway, out with the old.
An absolute rubbish CU, wires falling out of terminals as soon as you touch them.
I look forward to skipping it (this was relatively new compared to some of the others that have been removed).

In with the new:
Needs some more tidying up yet, the old one to the right removing, the trunking tidying up and recovering, but its a work in progress and a damn site safer and more reliable than it was last week.

I'm doing the dirty work, the ripping out and cable feeding, making trunking etc. - the Electrician is doing the connecting up (and supervision).

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I like where the 3 phase breaker is situated on the left near the bottom.

It needs to 'go up one' to match the labelling.

well the old one's certainly a mess! Cant see the new as it's got the lid on, but thanks for posting! (y) Looks smart.

I'm not sure I like where the 3 phase breaker is situated on the left near the bottom.

I don't see where you're referring to. As I see this the bottom left slot is spare then working up are 2 x SP then 2 x 3P MCB's.

Sponsored Links
As above its an illusion, where the top breakers come out it makes the Red way look like an unused way

I don't see where you're referring to. As I see this the bottom left slot is spare then working up are 2 x SP then 2 x 3P MCB's.
WOE are you talking about?

screenshot_1447.jpg

WOE are you talking about?
Given that the photo of the new one is so bad, I presume they are talking about the old one - in which case I agree with sparkwright and think that SUNRAY and rocky are probably wrong ...

If I undersand correctly what is being said, it looks to me (as stated by sparkwright) as if the device in the middle on the left (in old board) needs to 'move up one', such that the 'blank' is below, rather than above, it.

Kind Regards, John

If I undersand correctly what is being said, it looks to me (as stated by sparkwright) as if the device in the middle on the left (in old board) needs to 'move up one', such that the 'blank' is below, rather than above, it.
If I understand correctly the old one is on the verge of being removed (it may already have happened this morning), therefore WOE is the purpose of pointing out problems with it?

Given that the photo of the new one is so bad, I presume they are talking about the old one - in which case I agree with sparkwright and think that SUNRAY and rocky are probably wrong ...

Kind Regards, John
No way :)
Look at the screw heads attaching to the busbar R Y B
Even the right side has 9ways with 3 triple mcbs and still gives the appearance of a spare way
AS BAN says that boards coming out, its ok pointing out but not no point suggesting rectifying it now even if it was wrong

full

Last edited:
No way :) Look at the screw heads attaching to the busbar R Y B Even the right side has 9ways with 3 triple mcbs and still gives the appearance of a spare way
Where is this apparent 'spare way' that you perceive?
AS BAN says that boards coming out, its ok pointing out but not no point suggesting rectifying it now even if it was wrong
Very true, but don't complain to me. It was sparkwright who started it, after which SUNRAY and yourself joined in - and then me, since I could not quite get what the two of you were suggesting!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back