Pilot will not go out - WorcesterBosch 240

Zip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hi

My son fitted a new thermocoupler today, at first the heating and water were working OK but the "pilot light" will not go out.

I.E. after the boiler is satisfied and the boiler stops - the pilot stays alight.

My son is helping a friend out who is adament that the pilot light USED to go out.

The 240 is an old boiler - does anyone know if it SHOULD go out, if so, any ideas as to what is wrong.

One other thing - my son also fitted a new room stat - but the boiler was working after he fitted this.

Many thanks, Stephen

Sponsored Links
does the pilot have to be lit manually?

wish i could 70 for turning some rad valves down a bit and not solving the problem

ohhh heavenly

Yes - he has to depress and hold in a button - and then click a red button.

This lights the pilot.

I'm thinking . . . . if he has to do this the first time (it's not automatic ignition) then shouldn't the pilot be on all the time?

He wants to ensure that he has solved the problem as a 3 year child is at the property.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
wish i could 70 for turning some rad valves down a bit and not solving the problem

ohhh heavenly

me to! but back the original question :LOL: , yes the pilot should be on all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back