Pine bedroom doors with latches and big hinges

5 May 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Sorry about this but we are trying to source some new pine bedroom doors and I don't know what they are called but they are the sort you see in farmhouses etc, with a high latch and those big hinges that come quite a way across the door.
Does anyone known what these type of doors are referred to, or where might be a good place to get some from. I did wonder if it would be easier/cheaper to buy plain pine doors and add the latches and hinges ourselves?
Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a ledged and braced door with "tee" hinges.

Magnet do them but they are external ones so may look a bit rough for internal use and may not be the right size for wardrobes. I made some for a client a few weeks ago, not too difficult if you have the right tools/machines.

i have made several ledge and braced doors for this very use most are stable doors for normal domestic houses for bathrooms bedrooms kitchen ect
as jason says t hinges also with suffolk latches;jsessionid=XGOCELZLOLK1OCSTHZOCFGA?id=13773&ts=20350
and T hinges

usualy involves moving the door stops
cutting out oblongs in the archatrave for the hinge or removing the archatrave fixing the t hinge then refixing the archatrave over the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links