Pipe benders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just invested in some pipe benders rather than shelling out £££'s on bends etc. Can anyone tell me what the three marks are for on the fixed former and how they are used. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The marks are the sacred heiroglifix of the Worshipfull co. of plumbers, leadbeaters and ironfighters :eek: :LOL: ......I make bends and offsets by eye, and cut a little off the pipe to fit, because i`m dyslexic, don`t use a tape much either. Never had a bad word said about neatness of my work and always had very little scrap @ the end of a job...only works with 15+22 mm. Have to strain the brain for bigger stuff :LOL:

I believe the marks give you the most used bends when plumbing. The first two marks will be for 30 degrees and 60 for saddles and part saddles and the last one for a 90 deg bend.

The full crossover still beats me :evil:

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
I have just invested in some pipe benders rather than shelling out £££'s on bends etc. Can anyone tell me what the three marks are for on the fixed former and how they are used. Many thanks.

those marks are just a guide you have to bend to the same point on the pipe diameter to get consistent results. learn the "measure back" technique (top plumbing jargon) its the easiest way to bend

I've got a Record 15mm pipe bender and I cant see any marks on the fixed former. I have to keep offering the pipe up to a diagram to get the right angle. Is there any other way of doing it?

I fink ee means a 600mm folding rule. I DO have one, all brass. Tried it and it works, but far too much hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back