Pipe benders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just acquired one of those pipe benders which forms the pipe over a curve to try and achieve some nice bends. I've just had a play on some 15mm copper and it deformed the profile quite significantly - flattening the outer surface where the roller pressed against the pipe and causing "ripples" on the curve inner surface. Is this usual for one of these tools?

The tool came supplied with 2-off 5" long straight radiused straight sections too, which are for 15 and 22mm pipe. With no instructions as to what they are used for?

Can anyone provide some help on the use of this tool as it's cost me £30 and I would like to use its full potential.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They go between the roller and the pipe to prevent it getting flattened and rippled
TB29557.jpg

That diagram is perfect.
Just thought I'd add that these benders can be tricky to hold properly unless your shown first hand. The metal things are formers that slide between the pipe and the rollers. Follow the pic above carefully and you'll get there in the end I'm sure.

Thank you. I had a go and succesfully plumbed the hot water through the house! The instructions supplied with the bender are useless, that picture fits the bill nicely!

Cold water next weekend .....could be a fun easter!

Sponsored Links
AndersonC said:
Thank you. I had a go and succesfully plumbed the hot water through the house! The instructions supplied with the bender are useless, that picture fits the bill nicely!

Cold water next weekend .....could be a fun easter!
If the hot was sucessfull.....the cold should be a doddle.........hot water melts the flux and can show leaks faster than cold.....but you had none....Good Luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back