Pipe cutter wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst I'm on here asking questions...

I've been doing a bit of pipe work and my trusty old pipe cutters are both starting to spiral a bit on 22mm pipe - they seem fine on 15mm but the larger diameter of the 22mm is leading them to spiral a little.

Holding the pipe in my hand reduces this but doing a tricky cut under the floorboards was nearly impossible.

Both are small cutters, one smaller than the other.

One is a Monument Size 0 and the other is a Record 200-22.

Is it likely that they just need replacement wheels? The monument feels to have a fair bit of side to side play from the wheel holder (is that normal?)

I guess basically I'm asking am I better to just buy a replacement wheel from ebay for these or am I better to just buy a new cutter?

Also do you just drift the axle out on the monument as it doesn't have a screw head like the record.

If I should buy a new cutter - do you have any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Yup, buy a new cutter, it's not the wheel getting blunt, it's the pin and guide it sits it getting worn and you get tracking when the blade moves from side to side, rather than it being blunt.

Thanks - nice easy answer - will invest in a new one (or 2)

Sponsored Links
Wow - I got one of the 15mm automatic pipe cutters recommended above. How did I live without it before? So, so, so much easier to use!

They're not cheap but seem to be worth it.

Thanks for the recommendations!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back