Pipe graident & number of right angle bends

SL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to move my bathroom basin from the outside wall to the opposite wall. How may bends can I have in the pipe run?

looking at the basin the pipe run will be, from basin, left 45cm , 90deg bend, 70cm, 90deg bend 110cm, 90deg bend 170cm, 90deg bend 150cm to stack. would this be ok.

or I could cut a channel the concrete floor for a straight pipe run. If I did this how for much concrete would I need above the pipe. Floor will be tiled.

What the are pipe gradients for 32mm , 40mm 50mm pipes. Is it ok to use 40mm for a shower.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
looking at the basin the pipe run will be, from basin, left 45cm , 90deg bend, 70cm, 90deg bend 110cm, 90deg bend 170cm, 90deg bend 150cm to stack. would this be ok.
No - you'll have a total of 5.45 metres of pipe, plus the effect of the four elbows.

or I could cut a channel the concrete floor for a straight pipe run. If I did this how for much concrete would I need above the pipe.
Enough so that it doesn't crack under pressure, but if the pipe channel will be bridged by a tile then depth hardly matters.

What the are pipe gradients for 32mm , 40mm 50mm pipes.
Oh blimey. IIRC it's a basic minimum of 1.25°, which is 22mm/m, or roughly 1 in 45.

I would aim for 2.5°, which is about 1 in 23 (or 44mm/m). For your basin I'd use 40mm all the way, because of the long distance, but you'll need to add a vent within 750mm of the basin trap, or use an anti-vacuum trap.`

Is it ok to use 40mm for a shower.
Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back