Pipe support clamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I need one of these to support a 4" cast iron vertical waste stack I'm cutting into and replacing a section in plastic. This is so the whole lot doesn't come crashing down (I would have replaced the whole thing in plastic but too many other things attached at a higher level and it would be a nightmare). I know what they look like and everyone knows I need one but I can't seem to find anyone who stocks them. I can get the connectors to plastic pipe and all the other gubbins I need from the local plumber's merchant but not one of these clamps. Any ideas ? Preferable in the North of Scotland i.e. Inverness/Aberdeen or anywhere in between

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure from your description exactly what fittings you need, but Hargreaves Foundry here make soil pipe and fittings in cast iron.

Not quite the same (it wasn't cast iron), but I replaced a section of soil stack below other fittings by doing the following just above the section to cut out;

* Drill a hole into the wall at the same height either side of the stack and screw a heavy duty wall anchor into the hole, with a protrusion of the anchor matching the projection of the stack

* Drill a hole through the stack at the level of the tops of the wall anchors

* Thread a heavy steel bar through the hole in the stack so it overhangs the anchors and 'sits' on them

* Proceed to carefully cut out the section of stack - the section of stack above the cut out will 'sit' on the bar on the wall anchors

* Fit your new section of stack

* Remove the steel bar and wall anchors and keep those fingers crossed

* Seal the holes with a suitable sealant

Hope that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back