PIR & CUSTOMER FROM HELL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to see job the other day, customer had a PIR done, usual stuff, main bonds, 3036 board etc, quoted based on PIR, got the job, start testing, find 2way lighting used cpc as switched live, told customer, she said she didn't want it done unless it was to be done within my original quote, so she now has 1 way lighting!!

some customers!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sometimes it pays just to fix these things to keep the peace, if it's not too much effort.

no, PIR was done by someone else, if I'd done it I'd have spotted that, 3 light switches over 3 floors with live CPCs, don't know how that could have been missed, specially seeing as one was a dimmer which I would have disconnected for testing, and if I'd done the PIR I would feel compelled to put it right at my cost, probably a good days work to replace T&E with 3core over 3 floors, if my mortgage company will let me give em £200 less this month, or the supermarket will let me have £200 worth of groceries for nowt, I'd consider it :LOL: :LOL:

Went to see job the other day, customer had a PIR done, usual stuff, main bonds, 3036 board etc, quoted based on PIR, got the job, start testing, find 2way lighting used cpc as switched live, told customer, she said she didn't want it done unless it was to be done within my original quote, so she now has 1 way lighting!!

some customers!!
Has she paid you?

Yes, all sorted ta, had a proper talk with her and talked her round a bit, dropped £50 from what I perhaps should have charged but don't like having any unhappy customers, it being a small market town, I probably get more work from recomendation than anything else, sometimes worth losing out a little now and again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back