PIR security lights!

As Adam suggested, have you tried a new lamp yet??? Sounds the most appropriate place to start.

Sponsored Links
I assume the lamp is of the Double ended Halogen type?
If so then you must make sure that all connections to the fitting are secure (crimped or terminated in connection blocks) and protected from rain/moisture etc. Also check that the contacts that the lamp connect to are actually touching the ends of the lamp, as it should be slightly spring loaded to make sure it has a sound contact.
ELECTRICITY TO THE LAMP MUST BE ISOLATED BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING IN THE LAMP FIXTURE OR ON THE CIRCUIT TO THE FIXTURE

then try a new lamp!

If the new lamp still fails then it may be due to several things...
1. Inferior lamp manufacture.
2. Constant switching on/off of the lamp causing lamp failure.
3. something else..... that should be checked by someone that is qualified, as they may spot a hazard that the untrained eye might miss.

If in doubt get an Electrician to take a look.

Hope this helps.

Thanks all but yes i've done all of the above.
The light itself came with a bulb-that's the one i've fitted and yes it worked fine and was loaded correctly but since failed so tied a new bulb-same problem. The last light i had was identical except at least it worked for about a year and then no matter what bulb i put in it failed.
Ps, only ever used the supplied bulb or the one supplied with the light itself.

Sponsored Links
I was waiting for blue-tac to reply.

ghost busters is the wrong answer, since i beleive they said "who ya, gonna call?"

I'm gonna rip the f'in' thing off the f'in wall and chuck it in a pond!

Or I may just call a spark - danger there is I have no faith in em (sorry if i offend anyone), hence i've been havin a go myself.
As long as i don't get charged to diagnose a problem which i'm well aware of then all's ok!

Or, may just move house! :p

No need to be rude. Could have saved you a whole lot of hassle if you had listened in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back