Pitching a roof on a flat roofed garage - Likely cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have a regular standard flat roofed garage.

The dimensions are as follows:

Width: 2.75m
Length: 5.54m
Height: 2.90m

The garage is currently in poor condition.
We are replacing the back wall/corner as it is cracked from the bottom corner to the middle of the window.

The flat roof is also tired and in need of replacement as it's been "repaired" very badly in the past.

We will remove the old roof and back wall, then get a local bricky to replace the brick work.

As we are replacing the roof we'd like to change this to a pitched roof which forms part of our re-furb plans and overall improved look to the house..

We are doing as much work as possible ourselves to keep the cost low.

Garage1.jpg

How much do you think we would be looking at to have the roof pitched in comparison to simply replacing the flat roof?

Are there any ways that you guys can suggest help keep the cost down?

Thanks chaps,

Gallen.

Sponsored Links
if you are doing the work yourself you should be able to source the material for around £1200 to £1500 that would be you building your own trusses.

i would also use upvc weatherboard to clad the newly formed apex which would match in with your porch.

Thanks chaps - £1500 seems a lot for materials?

(The porch is next on the agenda after the garage - This will be re built in timber, possibly with a brick external skin, and rough rendered panel inserts... or something along the lines of).

The top part of the garage (depending on gates we are going to make) may either be matching timber or again a rough render.

Any idea on what I'd need (i.e roofing felt, probably the breathable type?) etc... and I can look at sourcing bits of eBay now and then....

Gallen

Sponsored Links
you will also need to check the foundations to see if they can take the extra weigh

You could just refelt the roof and have a pitched roof at the front only parapet at the back (I dunno what the correct term is.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back