Planning Permission & alteration licence for internal jobs

20 Mar 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have an ex-council flat and want to remove a wall that contains a cupboard door, block a redundant rubbish chute, remove the wall between bathroom & toilet and move gas meter nearer floor.

The council said in a letter, to get a licence of alteration, I need to investigate the need for Planning Permission & they require copies of relevant documents. says PP isn't required for removing an internal wall unless building is listed.

The planning dept just directed me to a useless webpage of theirs which doesn't given a definite answer. How do I demonstrate to the Home Ownership dept that I do not need PP for these jobs?

Thank you for any help!
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links