Plaster boarding horror

Just sorting the window pic out and the big DIY chain erm well they have a b in there name and have a website address similiar to this one just without the not in it

Sponsored Links
heres the pic
hv9nk9.jpg

also n the right hand side the main plasterboarded wall is over hanging the window still by a 1 cm at least

OMFG. :eek:

they aint got a clue,and if you allow it to continue they will run off with your money,STOP THE JOB RIGHT NOW AND COMPLAIN.
as said armed with your pics,pay a visit to the store,and say unless it is rectified you will be seeking legal advice.

The area manager is already involved due to the other problems we've had. He *******ed the 3 lads on Friday (they only just started work ) then said he'll be paying regular visits but I think I'm gonna phone um tommrow and tell he needs to come and see the state it's in before they try and hide it

Sponsored Links
My lips are sealed because I don't wanna bring this site into disrepute or myself
But you could be right there herts drainer as it anit wickes or home base

I cant believe this is not a wind-up!!!!!! I hope I am not wrong....

And that's what they are, "lads", certainly not tradesmen. It makes you wonder how a major DIY chain can put their reputation at risk, by sub-contracting out work like this to people who really haven't got a clue. This DIY company are probably charging "Sbond10",(the customer), a fortune to have his new bathroom fitted, but are using the cheapest, most un-qualified labour to carry out the work. I would never trust any major DIY chain store to carry out a contract in my house. Better going to people/companies who know what they're doing and have fully qualified people on hand to carry out the work professionaly, not thrown together by some useless dim-wits, as in this case. God help your job Sbond10 if you let them carry on as they are.

I won't even go into what they've done underneath I think it would make most cringe and probs not right what they've done and in 2 years I'll be in the same mess

I won't even go into what they've done underneath I think it would make most cringe and probs not right what they've done and in 2 years I'll be in the same mess

no please do,we can all do with a good laff.
soz m8 feel for you,

also tell the area manager you want a spare key to his gaff so you can go round to take a dump.

Well I'll split it into days it's that bad

Day 1
They send a lad out looked about 12 to rip it all out ,2pm he's on the blower saying the damps really bad that's it done for day
Day 2
Gaffer appears at 9am looks at it goes that proper fecked well have to phone DIY store they'll phone you probs this afternoon as I'm just a bathroom fitter not a damp courser picks up tools and leaves. We are straight on phone to store. No real response in this hour the 12 year old turns back up says hes been told to knock the bottom half back to brick and they'll have a go at damp coursing. He takes the toilet cistern off to get at the plaster/bricks. He spends about 2 hours doing this some of the bricks fall out he shoves um back in. He leaves site at about 1pm all the bricks have chisel marks in um.
Day 3
Builders don't up till gone ten to have ago at fixing the damp course they spend an hour or so painting something on then announce it needs to dry won't be dry till Monday. More phone calls to store which end up with them saying the area. Manager will be out tommrow to discuss the issues.
Day 4
12 year old turns up with 2 of his mates dispute being we won't be back till Monday. They start rendering then I hear um saying I had to ask how to mix this stuff into there (silka waterproofer) they spend till around 11-12 pm rendering. By 4pm no area manager appears so more calls which result in oh he wasn't aware he was coming he'll come tommrow at 9am
Day 5
Is what you see up here 2 hours work and off home again

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

give the area manager an account of whats go on,smile and then say,brace yourself 'coz your going to be on watch dog'

im sure that will make him feel a tad queasy,and pull out all the stops to sort it out.

oh and while you having a chat,politly tell him there not hopefully expecting the full amount of said works,are they????

how much are they stinging you for this professional installation???

Around 3k it's not my money it's the landladys (who is 100 per cent helpful) but is currently away so she'll be informed too when she's back. That's about ten houses worth of work they've lost out on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back