Plaster boarding horror

Sponsored Links
So should this be used in a wet damp bathroom tiled from floor to ceiling. I presumed that it said moisture resistance factor 15 meant it had sum water repellant features

Just a quick update the builders turned up I told um that there work so far is unacceptable and the area manager has been informed and he will be coming later pictures has been sent to him as well.
This resulted in a huge argument claiming that there work was good enough and won't be seen once tiles are on. I asked about the wonky ness of it and got accused of jumping the gun that the bathroom would of been perfect once fitted.
End result they walked off claiming that they won't be spoken to like that and how they've had to cancel more important jobs to do this one.
The area manager turned up told them to go home and there services will no longer be used by the store.
Anyway there sending someone out to reinstate the loo and bath and hopefully fix the boarding and tile tommrow but there desperately looking for a tiler as they've got no one at mo till Monday

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update the builders turned up I told um that there work so far is unacceptable and the area manager has been informed and he will be coming later pictures has been sent to him as well.
This resulted in a huge argument claiming that there work was good enough and won't be seen once tiles are on. I asked about the wonky ness of it and got accused of jumping the gun that the bathroom would of been perfect once fitted.
End result they walked off claiming that they won't be spoken to like that and how they've had to cancel more important jobs to do this one.
The area manager turned up told them to go home and there services will no longer be used by the store.
Anyway there sending someone out to reinstate the loo and bath and hopefully fix the boarding and tile tommrow but there desperately looking for a tiler as they've got no one at mo till Monday
good on you insist that the boards are taken off there is no way the tiles would sit right on those reveals the margins are all wrong keep us updated with what happens

Yep they moaned that I didn't let um finish it they went home no later than 1pm on Friday so why didn't they finish it on Friday

EN520 or BSEN520 is a British/Euro Standard for plasterboards, not necessarily MR boards.
Looking at your pictures I would say these boards are not MR boards and that is an issue, if that product was stipulated to be used.
This is not a simple case of that once tiled, it will look okay, the quality of the existing work is extremely poor and I would have grave concerns whether the boards are suitably securely installed to take the weight of tiles.
I would strongly suggest that you insist that the installation be ripped out and started a fresh by competent tradesmen.

Well we have an emergency fitter coming tommrow to try fit the bath and loo so well see what he says

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back