Plasterboard fixing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I assemble IKEA furniture. I need to anchor a tall wardrobe to a plasterboard wall. It's a two meter high unit with glass doors, which means that when the doors are open the unit is very "front heavy" (if that makes sense?) I'm worried that standard plasterboard fixings won't be substantial enough. Suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Google hollow wall fixings.....The type that expand when pushed through the plaster board. A setting tool is a good thing to install them but not absolutely essential
John :)

Hi all,
I assemble IKEA furniture. I need to anchor a tall wardrobe to a plasterboard wall. It's a two meter high unit with glass doors, which means that when the doors are open the unit is very "front heavy" (if that makes sense?) I'm worried that standard plasterboard fixings won't be substantial enough. Suggestions appreciated.
What d you mean by plasterboard wall? Stud work (timber or steel)or dot and dab?

"What d you mean by plasterboard wall? Stud work (timber or steel)or dot and dab?"

I don't know. Is there a way you can tell?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hollow wall fixings need a gap behind the plasterboard to allow them to work.....dot and dab will probably not have such a gap so other fixings are available. Drilling a test hole should give you an idea.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back