Plastering Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does £1150 sound fair for the following work - £350 materials cost included.

New extension - 2 bedrooms 4*2, partitions and ceilings already boarded.
Kitchen 4*2 partition and ceiling already boarded. Conservatory, 4 metres of 600 dwarf wall, a 4*2 wall and a 2*2 wall.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Me and the boy`ll travel up from the "Rich" south coast and do it for that price..CA$H :LOL: :LOL: Wassat.100 bags o` sirry@ £3.00 a bag and £50.00 for angle bead. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
£350 sounds a lot for materials are you buying them? the price of £1300 sounds more realistic, but it all depends on a number of things. dont part with any money till they started and completed atleast half and believe me dont believe it will look better when it dries out.

EH it`s grim oop North..house prices rising= labour rates rising :LOL: :LOL:

36 of 8*4 boards, all beading, adhesive, finishing plaster etc, didn't sound too far off to me. Fair comment about the cash, I will make sure that I keep the upper hand. Thanks for info.

bandit1200 said:
36 of 8*4 boards, all beading, adhesive, finishing plaster etc, didn't sound too far off to me. Fair comment about the cash, I will make sure that I keep the upper hand. Thanks for info.

i didnt take into account the boards for the ceilings and studs, this is in the 36 boards ,should come in at around right.

No, I have already boarded the ceilings and studs, these only need skimming. Only walls are to be boarded. There is approx 36m of wall.

bandit1200 said:
No, I have already boarded the ceilings and studs, these only need skimming. Only walls are to be boarded. There is approx 36m of wall.

thought it sounded big, theres nearly 3m to an 8*4 so i think you should count again, 11 or 12 depending on waste but theirs not usually that much. 8 bonding compound max, and 12 finish, tape and beads. around £200.

Nearly a grand for labour.......we`ll come up and take lodgings .should be an easy £500.oo each for us :LOL: :LOL: Gizza job, gizza job :eek:

There is 1.2 metres to an 8*4 me thinks. The rooms are approx 2.3m high which takes the 2.4 side of the board. I've sacked him now anyway and have someone else coming in labour only. I've got 26 boards, 10 adhesive and 6 finish for £190, to do 1 bedroom, kitchen and conservatory labour quote is now £540 board and skim.

theres 2.88m to an 8*4, it sounds like you've measured the circumference. 26 boards and the ones you've boarded is a lot of metres for 6 finish. £540 sounds a bit cheap but keep an eye on them and if your happy nice one. ;)

Eh? An 8*4 is 2.4 metres high by 1.2 metres wide, I measured the circumference and divided by 1.2. There is 1 board left over from the 26 on completion. The finish was underestimated, it took around 10 - 12 in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back