Plastering Quote

bandit1200 said:
Eh? An 8*4 is 2.4 metres high by 1.2 metres wide, I measured the circumference and divided by 1.2. There is 1 board left over from the 26 on completion. The finish was underestimated, it took around 10 - 12 in the end.

you measured the circumference and got 30m, divided by 1.2 and that gave you 25 boards at 2.4, so times 30m by 2.4m and this gives you the overall metres 72m, the area in total minus windows and doors.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for info, I was thinking about linear metres, not square metres. Can you advise - A couple of the short walls bow in 5mm max from bead to bead - over 1.8metres. I have asked for these to be reskimmed and am insisting on the use of a feather edge to get it straight although the plasterer says he has never used one. The plaster has gone off for 5 days, and is looking dry. Is it necessary to key it up in any way before putting more on top and what type of thistle would you use? The plaster will obviously go from 5mm deep in places up to 0mm around the edges. Cheers. Also, I need to sand some bumps out and need to know whether 280 grit on a 1/2 sheet sander would do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back