plastic radiator pipes bending like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best of jobs but a few battons across the joists, get it clipped up nicely with some lagging and is fine,
Not sure what plastic fittings av been used but HEP 20 plastic fittings will take a massive force before they let go.

Sponsored Links
Better to take it off and do it right. ;)

Sponsored Links
Let me explain. Apart from looking rubbish, getting in the other trades way, there is also the FACT that every time the pump comes on those unsupported pipes will waggle. Sooner or later in the next few years, one of them will let go and flood the loft and bring the ceiling down. It's just a matter of time. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You think a heating pump (no sorry - CIRCULATOR) will make an unsupported pipe waggle?

Oh please Joe - tell me that's what you meant. Please. Pretty please.

I am going to really enjoy this :LOL:

Now... be very sure of your next answer shlt for brains. :LOL: :LOL:

Josephine if anything is going to fail due to weight pulling down on fitting surely it would be the grab ring, considering the pressure you can test these fittings at , I'd say it's going to have to be a hell of a lot of weight pulling on the fitting ( I've not looked at the picture) , however this does not excuse poor installation and by the sound of it they should of been clipped up accordingly

Oh dear, Bully boy is back in town. Better tell your missus to go to her sisters. :rolleyes:

Dont be a pessimist Joe, we have already established it looks crap, no need to dismantle all and re fit, just tidy it up clip and lag. ;)

Josephine if anything is going to fail due to weight pulling down on fitting surely it would be the grab ring, considering the pressure you can test these fittings at , I'd say it's going to have to be a hell of a lot of weight pulling on the fitting ( I've not looked at the picture) , however this does not excuse poor installation and by the sound of it they should of been clipped up accordingly

Over the next 25 years SOMETHING will fail and the ceiling will come down.

Dont be a pessimist Joe, we have already established it looks crap, no need to dismantle all and re fit, just tidy it up clip and lag. ;)

If it's wrong - then do it right. Anything else is just a bodge.

Sister in law lives 6000 or more miles away, so that ain't going to happen.

So seeing as she has to suffer your bullshlt via my good self, please do tell how a heating circulator is going to make those pipes waggle.

BTW you said O-rings will fail. Don't start changing your tune now.

Sister in law lives 6000 or more miles away, so that ain't going to happen.

So seeing as she has to suffer your bullshlt via my good self, please do tell how a heating circulator is going to make those pipes waggle.

BTW you said O-rings will fail. Don't start changing your tune now.

The O ring is the most likely, but the grab ring or the pipe itself will one day fail. Gravity is a constant on our planet and the constant force will one day bring disaster.

why bring someones misses into it joe?you cant explain how anyting works,you just state the obvious (on a good day).go on,you are small arnt you?a small man type of thing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back