Playing with my taps?

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
A

attractivebrunette

Hi guys, I'm changing the tap in my kitchen sink.

Now, once I've turned off the mains, is it possible to remove the water supply to the taps that is under the sink (picture below) and somehow 'cap' it off so I can turn the water back on and use the water supply in the bathroom for a short while.

In other words, what do I need to stop water gushing out of the pipes under the sink...is it some sort of valve?

Sponsored Links
those screws on the flexi pipe isolate the water

l is water on

- is water off

just a quarter turn now dont go mental trying to screw them shut

You already have valves fitted. Turn the 2 screws on the silver flexible pipes 90 degrees, this should turn the water off to the taps. Id check before dismantling though to be safe!

Sponsored Links
Nice pipework btw, looks like $hit.
reading-monkey-gif-animation.gif

op - have you managed to embed your new ikea sink as indicated on another post somewhere recently? If so, wouldn't mind a picture to see how you got on.

oops saw the thread title and the OPs name and thought i was on one of my "special" websites :LOL: :LOL:

them cheap iso valves will leak like a sieve :cry:

Leave attractivebrunette alone. "She" (if it is a she, since that photo of "her" on "her" profile looks suspiciously unreal if you look closely) has learnt how to do a lot of things through these forums. Don't make the issues more complicated than they need be, just yet.

them cheap iso valves will leak like a sieve :cry:

Leave attractivebrunette alone. "She" (if it is a she, since that photo of "her" on "her" profile looks suspiciously unreal if you look closely) has learnt how to do a lot of things through these forums. Don't make the issues more complicated than they need be, just yet.

he/she`s cool. this could get freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View media item 11791

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back