Please help does this have asbestos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This storage heater has bricks out of it now and I’m looking to dispose of heater but now worried it might contain asbestos. Can anyone hep. There is no serial number on it for me to check
IMG_7195.png
IMG_7195.png

Sponsored Links
Any idea of make/model? Not sure if wall heaters like that contained asbestos.

Certainly the storage heaters I used to decommission had asbestos matting in them.

But I guess it depends on age.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It’s a Dimplex but no other information on it. I reckon from 1970’s but not positive

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
I looked on Google trying to find similar looking ones but had no luck. There are two other ones but I know they definitely don’t have asbestos as they are 1990’s

Apparently Dimplex stopped putting asbestos in their heaters in 1967.

• Thanks
Thanks I’ve been on that but without knowing model number it’s of no use unfortunately

Thanks I’ve been on that but without knowing model number it’s of no use unfortunately
Might be best treating as it does if you’re unsure, that’s what’s always portrayed to us

Certainly the storage heaters I used to decommission had asbestos matting in them.

But I guess it depends on age.
Can you tell me what that looked like? The front panel was removed and bricks taken out by my son. It’s all sitting in driveway. I don’t want to now take it to council recycling if it does have asbestos in it. I also don’t want to pay a small fortune for it to be taken away if it doesn’t actually have any asbestos in it.

The ones I disassembled had asbestos matting in.

Can't remember the brand, sorry.

The ones I disassembled had asbestos matting in.

Can't remember the brand, sorry.
This one doesn’t have matting as such it was bricks with curly wire laced through bricks with a layer at front and back of white sheet of something with paper over it ‍♀️

I remember years ago it had a sticker on it. I think it might be an xt18 I remember looking at the label on it to compare it to the newer model I had and it was a xl18 and thinking it must be same size but newer model. I remember they both had 18 in them

Sponsored Links
Back