Please help I am freezing my heating won't work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
My heating wont work. It is a lifestyle lp241. My programmer box looks like it works but my heating wont come on. I have turned it off and on again and it wont relight.

Sponsored Links
To be able to give any help a bit more information would be required, boiler details, system controls etc.

at the top of the forum are 2 announcements:
faq and read this before you post

Sponsored Links
is it just your heating, is the hw working ?

we sorted your heating out the other week if i remember and you had a sticky zone valve spindle.
you sure it not seized again ?

My boiler is a glow worm, micro 50ff. Do you know what I need to do to fix it?
yes, but as you can not be asked to actually provide us with the information required, i can not be asked to look in my crystal ball

Yes its me again
It was sorted last week and I have been having to use the pliars on it sometimes to unstick in but today when I came home my heating wasnt on and I cant get it on now.

You really do need to provide more information. We can't see what you see, and, barring new housing estates, every system is different.

So far we know that your programmer is a Drayton LP241, and your boiler is a Glow-worm micron 50FF.

You say you're jiggling something with pliers to try and make it work - but we don't know what you're jiggling!

We need more information, even if it's along the lines of 'it's a black and grey metal box with three pipes and a wire coming out of it' You may not know what it's called but most on here would know that in this example that you were talking about a three-port valve.

There was a product recall on Micron 40FF through to 120FF made between 25/10/2006 and 2/5/2007
Something to do with a potential gas leak that can occur after installation
Ring 0800 783 8554 if yours is affected or even think it might be.

Ok I have been taking off the heating actuator (plastic box)from the brass valve and turning the spindle a quarter turn with the pliars. This seemed to turn my heating off as last week I had the opposite problem and my heating wouldnt turn off. Where as now I cant get my heating on.
I hope this is a bit clearer

A sticking zone valve could cause either or both of these problems.

It's probably time for the valve to be changed. If it's packed up because the system is full of crud it would be prudent to cleanse and flush the system, making sure that inhibitor is added when the work is complete.

Hi Jen,

If you have been on before and have been trying to keep the system alive by "jiggling" the mid position valve then it stands to good reason that this will require replacing. This is the most probable cause of your problems and if you are savvy enough then pick one up tomorrow and pop the new one in. If not then give someone a call and explain you syptoms and then see where you go from there.

Jon x

Ok thank you very much have you any idea what this should approximately cost?

No idea about the cost as I'm a diyer. No doubt the draining, flushing and refilling will take longer than swapping the valve itself, although just as important.

It may be worth changing the other valve at the same time, if it's as old as the one that's gone wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back