Please help I am freezing my heating won't work.

thanks I will ring someone I think, not sure I could replace it myself, thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Normally if all goes well you would look at about 45 minutes to change a 3 port valve.

You can get associated problems with blocked cold feeds, drain offs not working, airlocked systems etc,

Cost wise it should be in the region of around £140 - £160ish including the parts.

If perchance you are tempted to have a go yourself theres one crucial thing you should know about the wiring. When you take the wires out snip them close to the connector block but leave a couple of inches of each wire. That way you don't forget where the wires came from when you put the new ones in ONE AT A TIME.
I charge about the same as jonjb but reckon that many will charge more.
Not that it matters now but its still not clear to me whether you have one 3 way valve or 2 zone valves.
If your pump is very old or noisy it might be worth getting that changed while the system is drained down. Same applies if you have zone valves as already mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back