Please Help identify this gas connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just moved two weeks ago into a new house .
The house was built in sixties and pretty much everything still untouched .
The fireplace was on coal and boarded but next to it I have found a gas connector with a valve.
This looks different to the one in the kitchen which uses a bayonet connector for the gas cooker.
I think this has been used for a portable removable heater at one point in time .
Here are the pictures

Sponsored Links
That bayonet used to be for a gas poker .
That was posh, remember them before we just used rolled up newspaper to start off the coal.

You can still buy gas pokers to fit it if you want to use it to start solid fuel fires !

Sponsored Links
Nope same as a cooker bayonet isnt
the bib tap was for controling the poker

That bayonet used to be for a gas poker .
That was posh, remember them before we just used rolled up newspaper to start off the coal.

Thank you for clarifications.
I have already looked on eBay for one of this gas pokers as is something that I will definitely use in the future with a Wood Burner as it will make my life much easier :D
Unfortunately it seems this bayonet connectors are becoming a rare beast and is difficult to find them .
I found something here but not sure which is the correct one http://www.bes.co.uk/products/016.asp

P.S. Tim in case you didn't manage to save the pictures I send them to you anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back