Can I fit a new cooker?

I'm Gas Safe registered, done CCN1, CPA, CENWAT but not cooker unit.

I've only worked on boilers and other gas heaters, never cookers. It's for a friend, there's a bayonet fitting already there so I'd just be connecting the other one up, carrying out a tightness test then following instructions in book for commissioning.

Am I alright doing this? Also what would you recommend using on threads on hose connector to oven? I don't like gas ptfe as it's leaked a few times when I've used it in the past so I prefer Rocol, would this be enough, should I stick with gas ptfe or use both?

Cheers.
can not believe you are asking this question ,also do you really need to put a gas test on for one joint - use you gas leak spray - what ptfe are you using or what are doing with it - never had a leak on a job like this using ptfe , in fact it has took me longer to write this than it should take you to do a job like this - gas jobs dont come any more simple than this one :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm Gas Safe registered, done CCN1, CPA, CENWAT but not cooker unit.

I've only worked on boilers and other gas heaters, never cookers. It's for a friend, there's a bayonet fitting already there so I'd just be connecting the other one up, carrying out a tightness test then following instructions in book for commissioning.

Am I alright doing this? Also what would you recommend using on threads on hose connector to oven? I don't like gas ptfe as it's leaked a few times when I've used it in the past so I prefer Rocol, would this be enough, should I stick with gas ptfe or use both?

Cheers.
can not believe you are asking this question ,also do you really need to put a gas test on for one joint - use you gas leak spray - what ptfe are you using or what are doing with it - never had a leak on a job like this using ptfe , in fact it has took me longer to write this than it should take you to do a job like this - gas jobs dont come any more simple than this one :rolleyes:

im hoping your comment is just as much a wind up as the original, if not please explain where im going wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back