please help me CORGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest i doubt you will get any corgi guys to complete this installation for you.I personally feel that you should give up and admit defeat and get someone in that will charge you reasonably(meaning the best quote you have had so far) and get the job completed by a qualifed person.
After all are you willing to save a few pounds over your families safety?

Sponsored Links
Maybe asking an installer to fit the boiler, gas and leave the boiler on a couple metres of 22mm capped off would be a better idea. That way he is not responsible for any problems thereafter and seeing as you are handy with plumbing, once he is done you can drain down the little pipework that is there and connect your 'system' to it.

I'd do that for you if i were closer, but i'd want more than £140 :cool:

Sam

Sponsored Links
Look guys..for me being happy is a state of being... not a condition that depends on the way daily chores get done or the way problem gets solved..

So I remain happy.. think of it in terms of how I feel every day when I look at myself in the mirror..

I dont understand why are you taking this viewpoint that it is absolutely necessary to vilify or ridicule me?

dont think any one is trying to ridicule you matey

they are just trying to tell you you are wrong

:)

in an ideal world this would be a might be a 4- 6 hr job. boilers already on wall all pipework connected..
HOWEVER have you a route for blow off, and the same for the condensate, have you conected the condensate sump ( that would be illegal by the way) have you a hole for the flue, have you connected the flue (this again would be illegal) have you conneceted the expansion vessel ( this agin would be illegal if you have) have you a fused (3 amp) spur within 18 inches is it connected ( it would be illegal for you to do that) what controls are fitted? (it would be illegal for you to fit them) do the rads have trvs. have you pressurised and tested the CH system? have you flushed the system to the spec in the MI otherwise your guarentte from WB will be invalid. has a cleanser being used after assembly has an inhibitor being used
have you proof that the boiler is spanking brand new and unused have you all the documentation that a new boiler comes with.
these are only a few of the reasons that would prevent me from quoting on the basis that i might have to spend as long as two days on the job, with a likleyhood that your final bill would be for one days parts and labour the bill would also include some heavy disclaimers including no liability for water bearing parts of the installation, no notification of the work to corgi or the local authority as i had not installed the boiler( it had been installed illegally) and no guarentte on the boiler itself at all.
following the work i'd issue a safety certificate and nothing more.

40 hrs per week is the norm... at 30 quid per hour thats 1200 per week

50 weeks (2 week holidays) is equivalent to 60 000.. is this a wage to be sniffed at ?
putting aside, for one moment, the whole issue of you wanting to pay a smaller fee than anyone is prepared to charge, please can you explain why you consider business income to equate to a wage, and why you're ignoring all of the expenses of running a business?

May I use this opportunity to ask What does it feel like living mortgage free?
Are you suggesting that all self-employed people live mortgage free? If so, you're very misguided.

In a nutshell you and the above mentioned are doing a disservice to your profession... who best to sort it out but your colleagues?? someone!!??
And what is it that qualifies you to say what is and what isn't a disservice?

You seem to be confusing plumbing and heating with public services that the government provides for all of us. In case you didn't know, there's no law that says anyone has to be a plumber - it's the market economy at work, as is the price that you will have to pay a trained and competent person to install, or commission, your gas appliance.

Congratulations, i was going to watch a comedy dvd tonight but instead decided to read this thread :) was a good decision

Priceless.

I was going to reply again but as its monday i will have to spend half the morning counting all that money i made last week.
Then the wifes porche needs washing and the leather in my ferrari could do with a bit of TLC .
After i have done that i will nip into my annexe and have a swim and a work out in the gym before retiring to the cinama room. ;)

I was going to reply again but as its monday i will have to spend half the morning counting all that money i made last week.
Then the wifes porche needs washing and the leather in my ferrari could do with a bit of TLC .
After i have done that i will nip into my annexe and have a swim and a work out in the gym before retiring to the cinama room. ;)

I thought you were meeting me later for dinner in New York ;)

Sorry, what a load of bulls**t. If an RGI goes round to connect up someone elses installation and if said installation leaks or has other faults, then the RGI would be held accountable by the customer, not the original installer.

Dont talk such rubbish!
Lots of you will fit a boiler when you didnt fit the pipework and
you just charge more for the installation. Please dont tell me that this doesnt happen because we all know it does!

Every trade hates to hear when someone else says they can do their jobs but I'll bet that you've all knocked a wall down, built a barbie, hung a door or more importantly, fitted an electrical socket! That happy matey is off the mark with his prices but some of your responses are farcical.

I did my pipe runs in copper following a very rough sketch from my plumber friend with no leaks!
A plumber laughed at how clean my pipes were where I had polished them with wire wool. He told me flux will clean it just as well and that HE NEVER CLEANS his pipe unless its really bad.
I asked him about leaks and he said he doesnt have leaks and if he did, then thats why he has insurance! (an exaggeration which we both understood)
This man is Corgi and is loaded, the second most successful tradesman I know.
Dont say hes a bodger because I have watched plumbers and about half do not clean the pipes before flux unless, they know you're watching!

Plastic pipe.. i can remember fuel injection and electronic ignition coming into the car world, i can remember the bleating of the mechanics because they did not know how to fix it or that it was out of their safe little norm.

I know money is getting tighter and that we would like to do all of the work ourselves but the installation costs of a full system is quite a lot for someone on postmans wages. The fact that some have said that they would do the work proves that matey can get it done if he pays the price..

The way you are rounding on this chap is like army ants carrying off that poor old grasshopper who strayed into their path. its a diy forum, he is entitled to ask!

Supply and demand has been mentioned but when an ordinary working man cant afford an installation and plumbers cant afford their mortgages, something is wrong!

Most aspects of any trade are easy to do but its the harder parts that we train for, and why we are worth our money.

my plumber m8 has a porsche...... and a harley davidson and his wife has bmw 3 convertable.
his wife doesnt like the porsche, she prefered the range rover they had before.
this man has a regular apprentice but does not employ anyone else.

i know three plumbers and all of them are doing very well.
you lot are staryting to sound like london cabbies now :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back