Please help me to replace a SUNVIC TLX2259 with SALUS RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Its my first time here and its great to see the amount of information you can find just by browsing DIYNOT. I've been reading a lot about the problem that i am facing and i've seen there were very close to similar posts on here but nothing was like mine, at least i could not find it.

So here it goes:

I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i junior boiler and a thermostat SUNVIC TLX2259. I wanted to change my sunvic with a new thermostat as the old one was poorly mounted in the house and it was old and not to be trusted in terms of temperatures :)

I went with the SALUS RT500RF, as it had good reviews and seems that more and more people are getting these, probably because its cheap. I know its not the best option but i wanted to have something that i can move from room to room.

The current thermostat (SUNVIC) has only 3 wires coming to it: a ground wire, a blue wire and a brown wire. - i have attached pictures with everything.

My SALUS seems to need a more complicated setup and i don't understand what can i do and how to sort everything up.
As you can see in the pictures it has the following connectors:

NO
COM
L
N

What wiring do i need to do to make the SALUS work?

Can someone please help me.

I have attached as many pictures as possible so its easier to see what i'm dealing with.

Thank you so much for this.

20160116_180817.jpg

20160116_180828.jpg

20160116_180842.jpg

20160116_180901.jpg

Sponsored Links
The wiring to the existing thermostat cannot be used.
Wiring for the old thermostat should be disconnected and removed.

The new thermostat is a wireless type, the receiver box is located next to the boiler and wired to it according to the instructions supplied with it and those for the boiler.
The battery operated thermostat can then be located wherever you want.

Thank you so much @flameport.

Can you or anybody else help me wire the boiler to the new thermostat please?

I have basic to medium knowledge of electronics.

I went with the SALUS RT500RF, as it had good reviews and seems that more and more people are getting these, probably because its cheap. I know its not the best option but i wanted to have something that i can move from room to room.

Best advice you will have all day is to send that pile of crap back and pay a little bit more for something better.

Sponsored Links

Best advice you will have all day is to send that pile of crap back and pay a little bit more for something better.

Can you recommend something please from Amazon? I would love to have something digital or even wireless (if there is something better).

Honeywell cm907 would be much easier for you to wire to where the existing thermostat is. Or if you want to go wireless then have a look at the honeywell cm927. Also plumb center do a simpler version of the cm927 branded center brand. It is a similar price to the salus as well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back