Please help - remove paint from bathtub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can someone advise how to remove spilt eggshell paint on an acrylic bath?

We had had our bathroom renovated and bought a very expensive freestanding bath. After a few months since our bathroom was renovated, I used the bath for the first time and realised there are very slight spots of paint in the bath. They can't be seen because the paint and bath are white, but it's very uncomfortable when you sit in the bath. The cleaning instructions for the bath state not to use any abrasive cleaners. I tried to scrape it off with an old credit card, which worked for the larger spots, but now the smaller spots are still there and can't be removed with the plastic card.

Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Nail polish remover works well on plastic , however test on a hidden area first

Maybe fill with soapy water and leave to soak for a few days.

Sponsored Links
I'd speak to the paint manufacturer and the bath manufacturer - then see what options you have - nail polish remover can dull the gloss on acrylic so be careful.

I suspect you're going to have to use something like a plastic/non scratch scouring pad to remove the paint then buff the acrylic with a suitable polish back to a shine.

Isopropyl alcohol and meths will also soften waterbased paints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back