Please help with my lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came to shut and lock my front door today and when turned the handle all that happened is the handle spun, took the handles off and the lock off. The square drive through the lock just spins, as i know nothing about locks i am looking for a new one, hope someone will be able to help me.

Cheers

Russell

Sponsored Links
Not a problem, are there any markings, make or any names on the mech strip that you've removed from the gearbox in the picture?

After much removal of wood stain, have found the name GU on the mech strip which was removed from the gear box, the gearbox on it has the numbers 40/92.

What have you got in the way of locks on the mechanism ie hooks,rollers and how many of each?

The 40/92 means its or should be 40mm backset, from the face inc the mech strip back to the centre of the square drive for the handle should be 40mm. the 92 is the PZ measurement and its the distance between the centre of the square drive down to the centre of the circular portion of the barrel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back