Please identify....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

This little blighter (black plastic valve) has started to leak underneath my Ariston Combi Boiler, and quite quickly too!

So please, can you tell me what it is called and can I replace it myself?

Many thanks,

;)

Attachments

• Leak01.jpg
    Leak01.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is it in the cold feed? Looks like some kind of plastic budget drain cock. If so, replace with a brass one.

Sponsored Links
That's a drain cock ,but the leak appears to me to be from above it ,running down and dripping off it. Use tissue on pipe above ,see if its wet there

How is it connected to the pipe please?

I see two brass nuts, so what version do I buy please?

See Terry's post above first, but it looks like some kind of union probably with fibre washers the.
If it was me (subject to Terry's suggestion,) I'd remove it and get down the plumber's merchant to find something suitable. Or cut out that section and solder in a tee with a normal drain cock.
You can even use speed fit tee in place of soldered connectors if you don't have the kit.

That's a drain cock ,but the leak appears to me to be from above it ,running down and dripping off it. Use tissue on pipe above ,see if its wet there

BRILLIANT! Thank you so much.

Yes, the drip was going down the back of the pipe from the nut above (out of picture).

I gave it a clean and a little more of a tighten and so far, it appears to have stopped dripping.

Just back to my normal leak enquiry on here.....

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/ariston-euro-combi-a23-mffi-diverter-valve.492193/#post-4034913

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back