please look

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I would like some help with a few things. I would be most grateful if someone could add me to MSN Messenger and spare mins of their time.

I feel rather stupid asking for help but it's the only way i can understand and learn.

thanks
Harry

Sponsored Links
what is it you want to know?

by asking on here everyone can add their tuppence worth

ok,

how would i fit a conduit extension arm to the wall to connect a v.d.u. visual display unit?

what is the procedure for correct alignment and positioning of the v.d.u. extension arm?

i dont quite understand this.. it sounds simple how ever i've never comes across this scenario

cheers
Harry

*spelling*

Sponsored Links
no, i just have no practical experience.

so help would be greatful.

i think you should clarify what you are refeing to by a "conduit extension arm to the wall "

with the aid of diagrams, describe the fixing methods to be used for fixing the extension arm to the wall, for the 30kg v.d.u.

b) explain the process for correct alignment and positioning of the v.d.u. extension arm.

thats all i have to work with.

do i use a T junction box and have an extension running off of it?

to i have a running cuppler to fix it into the v.d.u.?

would be greatful if you could give me some ideas and point me in the right direction.

thanks

Well, the only help I can offer on this one is with b) correct alignment.

The screen needs to be directly in front of the user, no sitting looking at an angle at the screen (although many shop-bought desks force you to look to one side).

The top of the screen should be level with the eyes of the user when sitting up straight (assuming they sit up straight of course!).

The screen should be 2 feet from the eyes of the user.

My company periodically checks all of our workstations to make sure we are set up correctly (avoids people taking time off with bad backs and sore-eyes, cheap solution!) so being a hypochondriac I have all the blurb memorised ;)

I got so annoyed at the quality and dimensions of shop bought desks that I ended up building my own for home, ergonomically designed entirely to my dimensions and it is great.

Harry, have you not considered a flat panel display? 30Kg!! Sheesh, you will need one decent wall and some serious fixings for that sort of weight.

Do you realise that the actual stress weight of the arm, assuming a 400mm arm length, is actually over 60Kg per fixing..You cannot mount this in a stud wall or a breeze block wall, they simply will not take the mechanical loading.

Lol Harry, would you rather one of us sat your exam for you instead of having to help you answer the whole of the paper?

I agree with FWL_Engineer 30kg is very heavy, concidering the maximim you can handle is 25kg! by yourself.

I also agree with AdamW about the positioning, however the question is more intrested in how it is to be installed correctly

this is a question from the second assignment Harry Lee??

anyway a bit of help.

a)mension use of rawbolts etc and an indication that the load bearing has been taken into account.

appropiate methods bearing in mind the aesthetic effect.

b) For allignment mension the correct use of spirit levels? plumb bomb etc.

hope this helps.

with a name like Carlos(s) please don't mention Bombs, ask Bob!

Carloss said:
this is a question from the second assignment Harry Lee??

Do you mean they don't bother to change them for new intake? :?:

I completed an Electronic Engineering course last year.. Some of the 2360 were in the syllabus. Therefore i carried on with part 1 year 2 in the 2360 this year so i have been given year 1's assignments to complete.

kendor
with a name like Carlos(s) please don't mention Bombs, ask Bob!

It's Carl Actually :)

25KG max???!!!! lol!!!
i think ya need to do some exercise lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back