Plinth lights and under cabinet lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, some of you may remember helping me for my choice of a fcu solution for my new kitchen, well the time has nearly come for me to install these!

Im sure the plinth lights run off of a 3 pin plug with built in transformer, but the undercabinet (LED not halogen!!!!!) lights are supplied with two ply wire with just live and neutral. Can this be wired straight into a single gang light switch??

Sorry to open up what i thought was a closed thread, but this changes my plans now - previously i was advised to spur from a socket to a fcu, then wire a two gang switch from the fcu - however i hadnt expected one of the lights to run off a plug!! My question is - whats the simplest solution of wiring both these off of one spur?

Sorry to babble, any help mucho appreciated!!

:p

Sponsored Links
firstly, are you sure it's live and neutral ( ie 240V? ) as most LED's work at about 12v.. so they are problably needing to be connected to a low voltage transformer..

Sponsored Links
It has a little transformer in the circuit anyway.

I think I have a solution - spur a double socket, plug the plinth lights in (as this uses a transformer plug) on one side, and wire the downlights into a plug for the other side, but with no earth connection.

Sounds like a plan - what you guys think??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back