plugging ac adapter into extension lead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys quick question. I would like to plug the ac adapter (for a baby monitor camera) into an extension lead. however, on the adapter's cable is a tag warning that "cables can be choking hazards", then in smaller print - not to plug into extension leads. Is there an 'electrical' reason why i can't use an extension lead? or is that part still warning about loose cables as choking hazards?

many thanks for any responses

M

Sponsored Links
For a very low power device like that, I can't think of an electrical reason why you can't use an extension, so it's probably the choking hazard. The lead from the adapter will be relatively short and has an easily pull-outable (not a word) plug from the monitor. The extension lead is much more robust and probably does constitute a more substantial choking hazard.

I always found baby monitors to be very sensitive - do you really need the extension? Does it run off batteries?

Does the instruction state an electrical reason why they should not be connected?
I assume the reason will be purely as a safeguard against the choking hazards.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone. Yes it can also run off batteries, so I have some rechargeables ready as a back up but reviews say the camera goes through them really quickly, hence preferring to use the mains source. There will be no issue of cables causing trip/choking hazards as it will be pinned to the skirting and completely out of the way. My concern was only the electrical side of things. which by consensus seems fine.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back