Plumber/Heating Engineer needed in Glasgow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK I've been doing alot of DIY lately and I'm getting there but no way do I want to attempt any plumbing/heating work.

I have no idea how my plumbing is setup but I want it changed before it gives me any more problems

Any plumbers near or around Glasgow in here?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Could you be a little more specific about exactly what you need doing before we recommend DP.

Tony

OK I've got a old back boiler at the moment and it's just not heating the house properly anymore also it takes up alot of space in my loft so I want a combi boiler put in and my pipes changed to flexipipe near the end of the summer but would love to have the heating back till then.

Some heaters are warm and others are a little hot and that's my boiler up full

tshirtjohn said:
OK I've got a old back boiler at the moment and it's just not heating the house properly anymore also it takes up alot of space in my loft

A back boiler in the loft?

Really?

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
tshirtjohn said:
OK I've got a old back boiler at the moment and it's just not heating the house properly anymore also it takes up alot of space in my loft

A back boiler in the loft?

Really?

well the back boiler is in kids room but the storage tank and stuff is up in the loft

tshirtjohn said:
well the back boiler is in kids room but the storage tank and stuff is up in the loft

Id get that back boiler checked out, if for nothing else but a safety point of view (proper ventilation,etc). By any chance are you in the East part of the city ?

Trance Nation said:
tshirtjohn said:

Id get that back boiler checked out, if for nothing else but a safety point of view (proper ventilation,etc). By any chance are you in the East part of the city ?

South but not that far from the east, I'm just at hampden park

I think I am right to remember that an open flued appliance is still permissable in a bedroom if:-

It was installed before 1996.

It is less than 14 kW.

But dont take my work for it get it checked or better still replaced.

I would not let my kids sleep in a bedroom with an open flued appliance!

As a very minimum ensure its not timed to fire up while they are sleeping!

Tony

Agile said:
I think I am right to remember that an open flued appliance is still permissable in a bedroom if:-

It was installed before 1996.

It is less than 14 kW.

But dont take my work for it get it checked or better still replaced.

I would not let my kids sleep in a bedroom with an open flued appliance!

As a very minimum ensure its not timed to fire up while they are sleeping!

Tony

I want it replace for certain also it is never on while they are sleeping i use it manually rather than on the timer because it had a habit of the pilot light blowing out :rolleyes:

You will have fifty thousand people walking past your garden on saturday . Try putting a sign in front garden . PLUMBER REQUIRED. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . I will look out for it. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back