Plumbers earnings

Sponsored Links
I get all the school holidays off. Bit like being a teacher but not as highly paid..

Most unpromoted teachers I know and that's a great many, get no more than £37k a year. OK we get 12 weeks away from the chalk face, but I'll wager many plumbers have just as big, if not bigger, gross.

I get all the school holidays off. Bit like being a teacher but not as highly paid..

Most unpromoted teachers I know and that's a great many, get no more than £37k a year. OK we get 12 weeks away from the chalk face, but I'll wager many plumbers have just as big, if not bigger, gross.

probably but we cannot get away from the "water face" for three months a year can we??

and we dont get "inset" days on top of that three months either do we?

Sponsored Links
probably but we cannot get away from the "water face" for three months a year can we??

and we dont get "inset" days on top of that three months either do we?

No corgiman, but then I didn't say that you could. Point of interest though, how do you manage to keep up to date with new developments in your profession?

easy

Once a year we all return to our training center for updates in Gas regs and Part P (we have to return every five years to prove competancy which usually takes up to ten days for all the ACS modules))

We also attend numerous Boiler manufacturer training courses a year (one day each)

We all recieve bulletins from publications (CORGI Installer, HMP etc)

But it never occured to me that teachers need to take of a quarter of a year, odd days and need under qualified assistance to teach the children whilst the teacher to keep up with the changes to their job, what kind of government passes down THAT many changes thats outrageous.
:).

Thats way to many changes, how the heck can you give a child a structured and settled education when the teacher is in a semi permanent state of flux???

need under qualified assistance to teach the children

Thats way to many changes, how the heck can you give a child a structured and settled education when the teacher is in a semi permanent state of flux???

I, for one do not require "underqualified assistance" to teach children in my care: children who are deemed to have learning difficulties are provided with such assistance in class.

What has GROSS got to do with it? Gross is the turnover of the business, I think your teachers were lacking, and you should return to school. I'd be really well off if I could end up with 37k NETT.

need under qualified assistance to teach the children

I, for one do not require "underqualified assistance" to teach children in my care: children who are deemed to have learning difficulties are provided with such assistance in class.

Thats strange as we are trying to place our son for next year and all the classes we saw had "classroom assistant" and were told it was to allow the teacher to plan the class better, must just be surrey then,

out of interest how much change to your job, regulations etc can a teacher expect per annum?

And Oil is right to take home 37K you would have to be earn about £70,300 per year

Good Days :)

I did some searching last night and could not find a job for a domestic RGI that paid more than 28K

Might give them a ring for the job and make sure that they give me a quarter of the year off so I can really concentrate on keeping up with the changes in our industry ;)

the reason for the long summer holidays is so that the kids can help get the harvest in.

Not this one my bookkeeper has me on £6/hr worked out on 40hrs but I do 100 so not even min wage.

My last year as a nurse was £27000 for 37.5 hr no overtime

problem is public think when I charge the £45 for a small amount of time on their job I am on 80k everyone without exception employees customers friends family are certain I am piling up my money edgeways just for something to dowith it.

the reason for the long summer holidays is so that the kids can help get the harvest in.

ARRRRRR. Still do that down your way then John? Wheres me cider and me floppy straw hat gone...... :LOL:

What has GROSS got to do with it? Gross is the turnover of the business, I think your teachers were lacking, and you should return to school. I'd be really well off if I could end up with 37k NETT.

My gross pay is £37k - my net is about £27k after tax etc.

Sponsored Links
Back